Crucible of Steel Errata

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP4 Scenario Errata
The listing below is known errata for BFP4 Crucible of Steel.

BFP-73, SBR 5: Replace sentence one with “During ASOP step 1.11A the Germans receive 7 '42 Stuka DB with bombs”.

BFP-81 Options: The options should be reversed. Board N image is flipped. The Board N # orientation is in the correct location.

BFP-83 SBR 1: The last sentence should read, "Roads DW-4 (I1-K4) and DW-4 (Y1-W6) do not exist."

BFP-86, BFP-93: Russian OB: ZP obr 39 85L AA Gun should have a ROF of 2.

BFP-87 MISSION: add 'board BFP M' prior to “G6”.

BFP-93: Invert the image for board BFP N on the scenario card. The shading and label location are correct.

BFP-104 Options: Remove the (dm) designation from the 120mm mortar.

BFP4 Counter Errata
On some of the Operation Cobra reprint counter sheets the two M4A1F(76)Ws are missing their ID letters.

The black German Pz T34/M41(r) counters should have a red B11.

BFP4 Vehicle Notes Errata
Russian M3 Lee(a): First note should state “See also BFP Russian Vehicle Note B, U.S. Vehicle Notes B, G”.

Russian Churchill III(b) counter image: The “*” should be removed from in front the 57L MA designation.

BFP4 Aircraft Notes Errata
Aircraft Example 1: Last paragraph, first line: Remove the words “with the exception of a 12”.
Aircraft Example 4: Page 15, first column, first paragraph, sixth line: Change the signs on the TK# modifications to read, “(Base TK# 8; -2 Aerial AF, +1 Aerial Advantage)”. The Final TK# 7 is correct.
Aircraft Example 5, second paragraph: Add the “+1 Firer is GA” for the IL-2's attack, changing the net DRM to +3.

BFP4 Magazine Errata
Page 30, second column, 6th line from the bottom: Replace the sentence, “The attack will be conducted on the 8 Firepower column with 0 DRM; the P9 Orchard prevents this attack from being FFMO.”, with, “The attack will be conducted on the 4 firepower column with 0 DRM.”.

BFP4 Q&A
Q. In some scenarios there is a SBR giving some Low Ammo vehicles a "Circled B12." How is this handled?
A. On a 12 the Gun malfunctions and a Low Ammo counter is placed. If the Gun Repairs, it is under Low Ammo and suffers shortage penalties (i.e. X on 12, B on 11).

Q. In BFP 76, what is the FPP cost for a Crew/HS in SBR 3?
A. 2FPP

Q. In BFP 93 , SSR2, fortification purchases, it says the max that may be purchased is in parentheses. With mines it states (AP/AT) (60/20). Does this mean the max that may be purchased is 60 AP or its equivalent 20AT total, or can you buy up to 60 AP mines AND 20AT mines?
A. You can buy the max of both AP and AT mines.

Q. If the CoS HBR are in play, the slopes are meaningless unless there is also a hillock in play, correct?
A. Slopes are always in play when using the BFP boards.

Q. A few of the scenarios have fortified buildings. Can tunnels be substituted for these?
A. Yes, unless a SBR forbade it you can exchange.

CoS Packaging Clarification
The Rules that first came out in Into the Rubble, Beyond the Beachhead, and Operation Cobra started as one series (Chapter B Green, BFP 1, 2, etc...), but now the Chapter B Green has been split into an HBR series, an Aircraft Series, a special units series, and Vehicle/Ordnance notes.

HBRs from the earlier packs were replaced and consolidated with the release of High Ground 2. Crucible of Steel added on to the end of these. The Aircraft rules in CoS start after the end of the Aircraft rules from B&J. The Vehicle notes do not contain page numbers and were designed to be standalone.

If you have all of the packs from BFP, then the contents are grouped as follows (along with the source):

1) HBRs, pages BFP 1-4 from HG2, BFP 5-8 from CoS [Chapter B Green]
2) Aircraft, pages BFP 4-5 from OpCobra, BFP 6-10 from B&J, and BFP 11-15 from CoS (no BFP 1-3 in this series) [Chapter B Green]
3) Japanese Paratrooper Rules, pages BFP 1&2 in B&J [Chapter G Green]
4) Vehicle/Ordance Notes (not numbered, 2 pages (1 sheet) in OpCobra, 27 pages (14 sheets) in B&J, 6 pages (3 sheets) in CoS [Chapter H Yellow]

Counters
With CoS, in addition to the counters that relate to the pack, we also provided an updated set of sheets for the counters that came in Operation Cobra and Blood & Jungle. The primary reason for reproducing the countersheets from the earlier packs was to provide them in grey core rather than the original white core. We also took the opportunity to correct the counter errata related to the ealier products. The only changes made to the counters consisted of:

1) A reformatting of the Operation Cobra counters so that they are consistent in font and layout with the Blood & Jungle and CoS counters.
2) Corrected the missing letter designator and fast turret ring on the M4A3F on the Operation Cobra counters
3) Added letter designators to the additional Chinese vehicle counters provided in Blood & Jungle
4) On the Japanese FT-17M Ko(f) in the Blood & Jungle counters, removed the “*” after the CMG MA designation.
5) We replaced some of the Orchard/Crag terrain counters with Orchard/Sparse Orchard terrain counters because, frankly, we needed the space. So make sure to keep your older terrain counters

So if you want to keep your earlier "white core" counters, by all means do so. Outside of the couple of errata items noted above they are identical in content and will work just fine.

The documented version of the above is below in letter and A4 format.
View attachment 36961
View attachment 36962

Below is the sticky errata for the above listed notes, both in letter and A4 format.
View attachment 36964
View attachment 36963

Rick

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks. I'm in the middle of trying to incorporate the BFP stuff into my eASLRB and was struggling to work out how many tabs you guys need.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Added to the listing above the latest Q&A and added notes on the status of the counters that came with CoS

Rick

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Top notch service as ever from BFP.

Especially appreciate the detailed info on updated B&J counters. I had only sorted some of that out.

S

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Something I spotted:
BFP-83 SBR 1: "Roads DW-4 (I1-K4) and DW-4 (Y1-K4) does not exist." Y1-K4 is not a valid road. I assume it should be Y1-W6 or Y1-W7?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Something I spotted:
BFP-83 SBR 1: "Roads DW-4 (I1-K4) and DW-4 (Y1-K4) does not exist." Y1-K4 is not a valid road. I assume it should be Y1-W6 or Y1-W7?
Yep, that SBR should say, "Roads DW-4 (I1-K4) and DW-4 (Y1-W6) does not exist."

I'm collecting errata from this forum and what folks have emailed in to us and will be putting that out along with sticky errata in the next few days. It's very encouraging, there is very little errata coming in for the pack.

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first set of complete errata, Q&A, and clarifications have been posted to the first entry in this thread, along with copies of the notes and sticky errata updates in both letter and A4 sizes, as noted.

As always, if you find issues with errata or need a Q&A, please either contact us directly at support@boundingfire.com or posted here in this thread on the forum.

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Added new errata for the vehicle notes in the listing above. Files have been updated.

BFP4 Vehicle Notes Errata
Russian M3 Lee(a): First note should state “See also BFP Russian Vehicle Notes A, B, U.S. Vehicle Notes B, G”.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Added new errata for the magzine into the listing above. Files have been updated.

BFP4 Magazine Errata
Page 30, second column, 6th line from the bottom: Replace the sentence, “The attack will be conducted on the 8 Firepower column with 0 DRM; the P9 Orchard prevents this attack from being FFMO.”, with, “The attack will be conducted on the 4 firepower column with 0 DRM.”.

Rick

UweBesch

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Scenario BFP-81 Boards layout. The designation of Board N seems misplaced.

Uwe

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario BFP-81 Boards layout. The designation of Board N seems misplaced.

Uwe
Misplaced in what way? What is your specific concern? I double-checked the drafts and the layout on the card is as intended.

Rick

UweBesch

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Misplaced in what way? What is your specific concern? I double-checked the drafts and the layout on the card is as intended.

Rick
Sorry, I did not question any drafts but the boards layout as printed on the scenario card. Here the designation of board N seems to be on the wrong end of the board. Or is the board misprinted?

Uwe

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I did not question any drafts but the boards layout as printed on the scenario card. Here the designation of board N seems to be on the wrong end of the board. Or is the board misprinted?

Uwe
Gotcha. The board # orientation for board N is in the correct location, but you are correct the image is flipped.

Rick

Last edited:

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be nice if the sticky errata were updated to include Uwe's correction to BFP-81 as well as the Aircraft Notes errata, Magazine errata and properly formatted BFP4 Q&A to put on rules page BFP 7 underneath the Footnotes section.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sticky notes updated to include the map orientation for BFP-81.

Rick

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Maybe you can add a link to the sticky errata on the BFP website. Thanks

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure it is, but this thread is not the BFP website. CLARIFICATION: It would be nice to be able to find the CoS sticky errata, along with all of the other BFP product errata, when one visits the BFP website at http://www.boundingfire.com/support/
Working it. Getting the latest and greatest files out there and will update folks when that is complete.

Rick