Crucible of Death LCG problem

von Flannell

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
:mad: I am currently playing Scenario 4 - 'Running the Gauntlet' of the 'Crucible of Death' LCG on the Matrix Edition East front.

Problem is that the German forces start in a valley at elevation of 15m, which progressively rises in steps to 90m and 165m. When trying to move out of the valley, I get a 'Elevation change exceeds vehicle capability' message

i.e. The German forces are stuck in the valley.

I think that the solution was posted ages ago on the Blitz website, but I can't find the relevant post - the solution is to change the elevation of the hexes in the valley, but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

In the long term, this should be fixed in one of the updates, but I'm sure that you guys are busy enough anyway.

Thanks

von Flannell

PS Any more LCGs would be greatly appreciated.

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sorry it took someone to reply to this - most of the members here for the CS are now over at www.theblitz.org. :bandrum:

The only solution is to go into the map editor (needs to be set to edit linked campaign files, not scenario files) and correct the mistake. As far as I'm aware, there was no fix ever made.

Interestingly, I played this campaign and actually beat it. I seem to recall that on this scen, I used my infantry in lieu of the vehicles. I also recall that when I finally beat the campaign, my computer promptly crashed to the desktop...the way it does with all my FotR campaigns upon completion. *sigh* so I never get to read how the outcome of my campaign changed the war, nor do I see the triumphant pictures or hear the music. With normal EF II / West Front etc., it all works fine.

Also, don't be surprised that even if you do decide to edit the map to correct the problems, I believe the computer will also prompt you to place all the units (for both sides) back onto the map manually, which of course would ruin the "surprise" factor. you would also, in this case, need to find the .oob file that corresponds to the scenario and use *it* to place such units. Read and re-read your manual to see exactly how this is done. I love modding scenarios and creating my own, but it can be a real pain in the behind to do. :mad:

Anyway, there you go. :TRUCE:

udet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
This is my first post here. So first of all I want to say Hello to all CS gamers!:salute:

Years ago the creator of the Crucible of Death LCG (if I remember right it is Tom Herrschaft) sent me a fix for this problem, an altered map file. I have never tested it. So I can't say wether it works or wether it does any harm to your campaign/game/computer/life, but if you want to test it, here you go!

Udet

Last edited: