Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There was only 1 sheet of overlays in original CdG so, I hope that would not increase the price much. The overlays would be much more useful than the 2 boards included in the new one for me.
Dave
IIRC, it was an oversized** sheet of overlays that fit inside the AH box. I expect that MMP has split these up (i.e. reformatted) so that they can use two standard 8.5" x 11" sheets, and therefore fit the MMP-style box.

Not that this would increase the price a lot, but it would increase the overall price nonetheless. But as I mentioned upthread, and Perry confirmed, MMP planned to release the overlays with the overlay bundle shortly thereafter. I don't agree with leaving the overlays out of CdG, but I understand the decision.

Edit: **I think this was what prompted MMP to reformat the original overlays in CoB and GH for inclusion in Rising Sun. It is possible therefore that some of the CdG overlays have been mixed with overlays from other publications for release in the Overlay Bundle. This may have made their inclusion in CdG that much more difficult, especially if the original CdG overlays are now spread over multiple sheets of overlays.

FWIW, I have been waiting for the reprinting of CdG for some 14 years now, every since I got back into ASL. While I had the original CdG counters, I wanted new ones that were of the same quality as those in later MMP modules, counters only attached to the sheet by their corners. The fact that MMP has since increased the font on the counters makes them even more attractive to me. The inclusion of Vichy and Free French counters is welcome icing on the cake. As for Dinant, I would have bought it anyway. So bundling it with CdG doesn't bother me in the least. And again for the record, I too would have preferred to see the overlays included with CdG (rather than boards 42 and 43). But on the whole I am extremely pleased with what looks to be a fantastic addition to my ASL kit.

Last edited:

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'm not going to buy CdG 2nd Ed. I have the original CdG and for me, that's enough. But a friend of mine, living 10 minutes away by car,
will get the 2nd Edition. So, in a way, I'll get it , too. ??

I'm saving my money for the Italians to come. Ok, I have them too. But hey, they are the Italians, who could resist... ?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apparently, the Italians themselves, didn't resist much. ? Sorry, I couldn't resist. ?

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know of three veteran ASL players (including me) who were interested in Dinant, but will not be purchasing CdG2 just to get it. It saddens me, but I think (without any evidence) that it seems the thought process was, if we include Dinant in CdG2 we will sell way more of them than if we split it up. My favorite nationality to play is French. But I am not going to buy what I already have, which are still in almost perfect condition, just to get a HASL. And yes, if the HASL was available separately, I would buy it in a second. I want MMP to be successful and I am indebted to them for providing me the opportunity to continue to play this game, but I won't be supporting this product.

JMO
I feel the same....

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just plan to purchase a couple of CDG v2's for ebay speculation and thats it :D. I have no interest in the HASL and my French counters are in fair shape. Anyway, on the docket I have CH's Stalingrad series, LC's Konigsberg and LFT's Fight for Seoul to play, enough ASL to last me a couple of years indeed.

I feel the same....

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I strongly suspect The Crew at MMP is in a "d if you do, d if you don't" position nearly all of the time, on top of which, during their workdays, are presented with FPF MC after FPF MC work-situations (to use ASL lingo), constantly throughout their workdays, while trying to do everything with nearly nothing, to please everyone and much-to-all of it for love of the hobby...

Great thread. Thanks to all contributors.

Last edited:

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
IIRC, it was an oversized** sheet of overlays that fit inside the AH box. I expect that MMP has split these up (i.e. reformatted) so that they can use two standard 8.5" x 11" sheets, and therefore fit the MMP-style box.

Not that this would increase the price a lot, but it would increase the overall price nonetheless. But as I mentioned upthread, and Perry confirmed, MMP planned to release the overlays with the overlay bundle shortly thereafter. I don't agree with leaving the overlays out of CdG, but I understand the decision.
I understand MMP is trying to keep cost down and keep as many people happy as it can. With lots of great produces coming out right now this is not top of my list to get. I never thought I would say that about a core modual.
All that said I will order it.
Dave

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bought 1st ed. "Croix de Guerre" in '92. Great module, great scenarios.
Really looking forward to purchasing this second edition.
The cover art is, already, my all-time ASL fave box cover.
For me - must-buy, big-time.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Preordered with Second Chance Games (I LOVE that they let me buy and, most importantly, PAY in advance, it really helps me with my budgeting. It's great to be able to sit back and relax knowing that the game is paid for and out of the way.)

It is expensive that's for sure but I couldn't let myself miss out on a core module, not really interested in Dinant to be honest as it is ealry war and I prefer late war games but I'll give it a bash I guess. It's more HASL pages to stick in my binder which is always good I guess.

Hoping to see the new Winter Offensive pack up on preorder at Second Chance soon, I want to drop the cash on it so I can get it paid for and not have to worry about it (I do have a VERY tight budget, so, as I say, being able to pay upfront with Second Chance Games helps me out a lot. I had to stop going to my local FLGS, Black Lion Games as they couldn't get any ASL in anymore, which is a pity but I try to still support them in a small way at least by buying my KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE magazines and bundles throught them so that's something I suppose)

j23flo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a list of which scenarios will be included in CdG2? I see how many will be included just curious as to which ones are specifically being included.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a list of which scenarios will be included in CdG2? I see how many will be included just curious as to which ones are specifically being included.
And the errata, new balance information?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
lol.. this thread was a fun read.

I'll sum up my thoughts on ASL.. and CdGv2 with this..

needless to say.. I LIKE IT..
the temptation was too much. All one really needs I suppose is the updated Chapter H.. the French counters have been done already by others ..and with far more attractive artwork than we are likely to ever see with MMP and things like overlays,,, boards.. scenarios..nah.. haven't played a generic geo scenario in almost 15 years since the floodgates opened on HASL maps and play... but it was the HASL that ended any chance of passing on this and just getting the Chapter H via ebay as I've done with all the recent core reprints. Well done MMP!

rottenroller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I second this. Haven't found a
list of the scenarios which are getting reprinted.