Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Sooooo, Will the French OB fit into one 3701? Assuming the Dinant adds are separate. I’m guessing not.
Should. Just put all the counters you can in the first divided section until it is packed, then the second one and so on. I will guess you won't fill half the plano if you pack the counters like that.

JR

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't suppose a Dinant only HASL product can be peeled off as a separate product?

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Screw the Char 2C. This is what I want:

And I suppose a girl could dream about:

There are always the CH French counters they include the FCM F1. Personally, I think it is pretty silly as I doubt it would have worked very well. Its performance would have been so poor as to make it a waste of metal. ???????????????

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I don't suppose a Dinant only HASL product can be peeled off as a separate product?
Well, that very question has been put to MMP only about 2000 times over the last couple of years (or however long it's been since they first announced the CdG reprint), and so far MMP have replied with 2000 instances of "no". But maybe #2001 will be the charm.

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As a new player I am eager to get my hands on overlays. I see no inclusion of CdG overlays in the reprint. Are they being included or were do I find them?
St1-3 and x7-18 are the most important I think.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a new player I am eager to get my hands on overlays. I see no inclusion of CdG overlays in the reprint. Are they being included or were do I find them?
St1-3 and x7-18 are the most important I think.
No overlays in CdG.

We are putting our overlay efforts into the Overlay Pack, which I expect to go up on preorder shortly.

Despite the fact that Optimistic Perry has been saying that for a while now, he really does expect it shortly after CdG hits the streets.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No overlays in CdG.

We are putting our overlay efforts into the Overlay Pack, which I expect to go up on preorder shortly.

Despite the fact that Optimistic Perry has been saying that for a while now, he really does expect it shortly after CdG hits the streets.
Who are the other Perry’s and what do they think?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Well clearly Pessimistic Perry thinks it will NEVER ship.

Childish Perry yearns to just play Chutes and Ladders.
Realistic Perry knows better than to post time estimates on the forum. Looks like he started his holiday break early...

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
One just needs to sort out which counters "belong" to CdG and which "belong" to Dinant.
And then we need to price it... would you say it's equivalent to the $60 Hatten? Maybe $55 for the zip-lock version?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
And then we need to price it... would you say it's equivalent to the $60 Hatten? Maybe $55 for the zip-lock version?
I really couldn't say what someone might as for it on eBay e.g., By my count the Dinant conters are roughly 50% of 1720 1/2" counters and about 66% of the 856 5/8". Add in Chapter DN and the two map sections that make up the map, and 6 or scenario cards. That's the minimum for the CG.

IIRC, the most expensive stuff to produce is the box and counters.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The top lid is Croix de Guerre, the bottom is Dinant. This is a sine qua non for anyone who wants to sell me either of the halves.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I really couldn't say what someone might as for it on eBay e.g., By my count the Dinant conters are roughly 50% of 1720 1/2" counters and about 66% of the 856 5/8". Add in Chapter DN and the two map sections that make up the map, and 6 or scenario cards. That's the minimum for the CG.

IIRC, the most expensive stuff to produce is the box and counters.
This whole module looks pretty sweet. I haven't desired much early war action other then the Eastern Front, but with the counter changes and big DN CG, I'd be silly to pass on this; I will need to buy from a more local vender, also.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
What are the counters on the 11 sheets? There were 3 counter sheets with 1st ed, CdG. Even if it's 3 sheets for the Vichy, Free French and 1940 french each, what it on the other 2?
Thanks
Dave

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What are the counters on the 11 sheets? There were 3 counter sheets with 1st ed, CdG. Even if it's 3 sheets for the Vichy, Free French and 1940 french each, what it on the other 2?
Thanks
Dave
Vichy and Free French aren’t three countersheets apiece. Maybe three together, IIRC.

All extra counters are for Dinant.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whoa Mohammad! How are those who do not have overlays supposed to play some of the French scenarios in CDG that require those overlays?

Scott

No overlays in CdG.