Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I doubt it, but it seems like half of you only want Dinant and the other half only want CdG, so why don’t you make an arrangement with the other half to split it?
Truly....that is a good idea.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As long as you don't get killed on postage exchanging the half set.

JR

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Well if it was just re-do of original CdG I would not buy it. I have been happily playing my original stuff from 90s and I have not purchased any of the 2nd or 3rd editions. So to me the Dinant HASL and revised Vichy/Free French counters are the reason to buy....

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Other than the Dinant HASL, is there anything in this module that will prevent me from being able to play future French scenarios if I don't buy it?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Looks like new Vicky counters per post above

Other than the Dinant HASL, is there anything in this module that will prevent me from being able to play future French scenarios if I don't buy it?

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although it seems likely that this is just a color swap--the only place it matters is Free French vs Vichy combats, where previously you used Tan vs Dark Blue, where in the future you will use Dark Blue vs two-tone (??). If that's the case, you should be able to play any future french scenarios just as well with the old kit. Or are they introducing new squad types for the Vichy/FF, a la Haakke Paalle?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the second edition include the Char 2C?

Why not?

JR
Screw the Char 2C. This is what I want:

And I suppose a girl could dream about:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
So is there a good book to read about Dinant, for purposes of getting interested in the HASL?
There are plenty of good books covering the big picture of the invasion of France; I don't recall too many of the ones that I've personally read devoting a huge amount of space to the Dinant operation specifically. To Lose a Battle (Alistair Horne), Blitzkrieg (Len Deighton) and The Blitzkrieg Legend (Karl-Heinz Frieser) are all favourites of mine, but there are more. One I don't own, but has a decent chance of being quite detailed, is Blitzkrieg in the West: Then and Now (Jean-Paul Pallud) but, like all of the Then and Now series, it won't be cheap.