Croix de Guerre Counter Organization

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone given thought to how to organize the 11 countersheets in CdG? There are three separate French OoB -- pre-Fall of France, Vichy France and Free French.

I use the Darice 32-compartment container and I was thinking of using one for all of the pre-Fall of France OoB (2 sheets of 1/2" counters, 2 sheets of 5/8" counters) and a second container for the Vichy French and Free French OoBs. I tend to maximize my ordnance/vehicle compartments since they are only accessed at the start of a scenario.

The German counters will go into the regular German containers (one for infantry, one for ordnance/vehicles), although I may need to do some combining to account for the new 4(5)-6-8 Assault Engineers.

Thoughts anyone?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Put all the French in one slot, all the Germans in a second, and all the non-nationality counters in a third. Done.

JR

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone given thought to how to organize the 11 countersheets in CdG? There are three separate French OoB -- pre-Fall of France, Vichy France and Free French.

I use the Darice 32-compartment container and I was thinking of using one for all of the pre-Fall of France OoB (2 sheets of 1/2" counters, 2 sheets of 5/8" counters) and a second container for the Vichy French and Free French OoBs. I tend to maximize my ordnance/vehicle compartments since they are only accessed at the start of a scenario.

The German counters will go into the regular German containers (one for infantry, one for ordnance/vehicles), although I may need to do some combining to account for the new 4(5)-6-8 Assault Engineers.

Thoughts anyone?
  1. 1940 - Vehicles and Ordinance
  2. Vichy/Free
  3. Dinant German / Dinant Infomation/Fortification
My plan, Plano style

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thoughts anyone?
Throw them ALL in a large green industrial trash bag. Grab as necessary.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have one of the larger 32-compartment containers for the 1940 French; a smaller 32-compartment containers for the Free French and a 15-compartment container for the Vichy French. Probably a few more containers for the balance of the 5/8’s counters. Not sure yet what to do with the new German counters— 46 more Opel Blitz Trucks and 30 more PzKfw 38(t) A’s!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plastic....

That is the answer...

Make sure the plastic can be sealed...

Don't want them counters going AWOL, or swimming in the rain....

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So far, so good. Got my Vichy French sorted into a 15-compartment container. Working on the French now. The 4-5-7's and 4-3-7's took up less space than anticipated.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also known as the "Bendis technique". ;-)
If anyone is curious I had an epic disaster. I stored my counters in little tool drawers about 15 years ago. They graced my mantle piece. Due to the weight the mantle piece detached and sent the whole kit flying. I had counters in my game room, hallway, and kitchen. I gathered them in a tall kitchen trash bag. It was 3/4 full. I reorganized to Plano after that......