Croix de Guerre and Hollow Legions question

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that the geo boards from CdG were reprinted in the new Yanks I’d prefer to see one big box of ASL goodness with the French, Dinant, the Italians, the desert geo boards and Soldiers of the Negus. A little something new for everyone and fewer modules to reprint and keep in stock

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you think new geo-boards for the French re-print would be incentive enough for new or, more importantly, for players who already have the French to re-buy this product? Or would you be satisfied with the incentive provided by the addition of the Dinant Bridgehead components and no new geo-boards?
No boards, only Dinat map. There was a discussion either here or on FB on this topic.

Should the Free French have their own counters including SW and vehicles? This would be a nice cherry on the sundae. ?

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No boards, only Dinat map. There was a discussion either here or on FB on this topic.

Should the Free French have their own counters including SW and vehicles? This would be a nice cherry on the sundae. ?
I think we already have most of the needed Free French counters in the form of OUNC two-tone counters included in The Forgotten War. Sure a few more may be needed. My upcoming Free French scenarios have already been designed to use them.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ok guys the one thing you are all missing out is the fact that the artwork for both HL and CdG has to be re done for the digital age that takes time to do then the rewrite of the rules etc with all the errata added. Plus several of the factors you have all stated . The Brits are already in digital format like almost all the system now just these two to do. Reprints with digital format is a lot easier and quicker to do .

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Given that the geo boards from CdG were reprinted in the new Yanks I’d prefer to see one big box of ASL goodness with the French, Dinant, the Italians, the desert geo boards and Soldiers of the Negus. A little something new for everyone and fewer modules to reprint and keep in stock
With that mix, the module could be called: Fragile Empires.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok guys the one thing you are all missing out is the fact that the artwork for both HL and CdG has to be re done for the digital age that takes time to do then the rewrite of the rules etc with all the errata added. Plus several of the factors you have all stated . The Brits are already in digital format like almost all the system now just these two to do. Reprints with digital format is a lot easier and quicker to do .
Didn’t MMP already do a reprint of Hollow Legions? And at least the French infantry look a lot like the Allied Minor infantry already redone for Doomed

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Your "incentive" comment is interesting. How do you suggest that reprints of core ASL modules should be prioritized against each of the other out-of-print core modules?
Look at the Ebay prices to see what the potential demand is?

For instance:

Seems a lot for an old game.

Put them all on pre-order and let the market (i.e. us lot) decide how they rank? So not strictly a pre-order, more of a wish list?

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look at the Ebay prices to see what the potential demand is?
A handful of enthusiasts willing to pay a lot is potentially a very different thing from a thousand people willing to pay retail. Of course I want ASL products to stay in print, but just pointing out high prices for scarce objects is not a very precise measure of general demand.

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or we can bring it to the 21st Century with "Hands-up, Don't Shoot".
give it the name from the scenario for the HL reprint "Ci Arrendiamo" ;) Its a great scenario, however, the title leaves a bit to be desired, for those that understand Italian.

For a HL reprint, I'd prefer the title "Half a Chance" myself. Much better representation of what the forces were and were not capable of at the time.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
When HL comes out with Sons of the Negus included, I will purchase it.
When CdG comes out with Dinant included, I will purchase it.
I already earn both modules, but the added contents are a good reason for me to get the new editions.
I would believe that quite a lot of grognards will also buy the new editions.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
When HL comes out with Sons of the Negus included, I will purchase it.
When CdG comes out with Dinant included, I will purchase it.
I already earn both modules, but the added contents are a good reason for me to get the new editions.
I would believe that quite a lot of grognards will also buy the new editions.
Almost a given that they will.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
The question of when to print/re-print a given item and in what quantities are very important to producers of ASL. Since I have some experience in making such a decision (albeit on a much smaller scale), I do understand the considerations for production costs, projected sales/demand and warehousing just the right amount of product to meet the consumer demands. It is sometimes scary to write a check for the print job of a product when there is no way to be sure of how well it will sell.
I buy everything in order to help their cash flow. Without cash flow they can't get onto the next project that I really really want.

Everyone who lives in a state that doesn't charge high sales tax should buy modules & be a cost-free warehouse that will sell it after MMP's stocks are depleted. MMP could offer discounts for buying 3 or 5 in a pre-order.

Does MMP base their production costs on how many will sell in what, 5 years? Probably more like 10.
They are in Maryland, so what is the yearly tax on inventory? Can they move to a state without such a tax?

Maybe ASL should be structured as a non-profit entity. MMP might net just as much as they do now to administer and be the production contractor.