Croc questions

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

Two questions about crocs

1) Is the wheeled trailer enough to qualify a Croc as a not fully tracked vehicle for bog check DRM (specifically when crossing barbed wire fences (or wires) . Or does the trailer passes a separate Bog check ?

2) Does the suppression of the trailer if either disconnected -or Hit and "killed" (it is likely that a 50L AT gun taking a side shot will choose to suffer the + 3 DRM) rather than hit the AFV proper- immediately causes the FT to be out of order ?

Thanks for your help.

Jean

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jean 52 said:
1) Is the wheeled trailer enough to qualify a Croc as a not fully tracked vehicle for bog check DRM (specifically when crossing barbed wire fences (or wires) . Or does the trailer passes a separate Bog check ?
I do not believe so. The vehicle is fully tracked and is towing a trailer. EDIT: I originally said there was no bog modifier for towing a gun, but there is a +1 for towing ordnance/trailer. It is in ASLRBv2. So, in effect, the +1 for non-fully tracked is added on by the +1 for Towing.

Jean 52 said:
2) Does the suppression of the trailer if either disconnected -or Hit and "killed" (it is likely that a 50L AT gun taking a side shot will choose to suffer the + 3 DRM) rather than hit the AFV proper- immediately causes the FT to be out of order ?
You know I cannot find anything that says once destroyed the FT is disabled, only after it is disconnected. Still, I think we can say through the application of common sense that if the fuel is destroyed, the FT must be out of ammunition and is disabled.[/b]

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Did you check Chapter H?
I don't have it handy here at work, but I remember the vehicle note is rather explicit for the Croc and its trailer.
IIRC

Klaus

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klaus Fischer said:
Did you check Chapter H?
I don't have it handy here at work, but I remember the vehicle note is rather explicit for the Croc and its trailer.
Yes, I thought it would be there, but I did not find it. It only says that the trailer can be immediatly disconnected even if destroyed. Strange.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To Klaus
Yes I checked chapter H. Nothing there.
To Brian
You liken the trailer to some kind of ordnance. That's OK with me but, then, if the Bog Check is missed by only 1 point, a Churchill VII may be freed. Should this option be taken immediately or might it be kept until the Croc is Mired or Immobilized ?
J.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jean 52 said:
You liken the trailer to some kind of ordnance. That's OK with me but, then, if the Bog Check is missed by only 1 point, a Churchill VII may be freed. Should this option be taken immediately or might it be kept until the Croc is Mired or Immobilized ?
J.
This is my understanding:

Per ASLRBv2 D8.21 there is a +1 Bog DRM for a vehicle towing a trailer. The Croc is fully tracked, so there is no +1 for not being fully tracked.

If the vehicle gets bogged, it is the vehicle that is bogged. It is not the towed part that gets bogged. So you cannot disconnect the trailer to pass a bog check after entering into the bog location. Disconnecting the trailer does not improve your chances of becoming un-bogged/mired.

If a croc trailer is destoryed, it can be disconnected immediatly (without forcing the croc to stop as other trailers do to other tanks). If destroyed but not diconnected, I believe that the FT is disabled, but I cannot find support for that in the rules.