Critical Hits new Websight

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

To those of who do not like CH! and as much gnashing of the teeth the few of you seem to do about this company, how then do you account for his success at staying in business and actually making a living at selling wargames?
Can't speak to ATS or other product lines, but on the ASL side, two words:

Dave Lamb.

Well, maybe four more words:

Dave Lamb.

Dave Lamb.

(And the playtesters he coordinates!)

Okay, eleven words. :D

And the Spanish Inquisition.

Okay, fifteen wor-{urk!}:dead:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another thread hijacked by the anti critical hit crowd. The subject of the thread was their new website.

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Another thread hijacked by the anti critical hit crowd. The subject of the thread was their new website."

Give them some credit Mark. They only lose their minds, completely freak out in hysterical mode at the mention of CH about half the time anymore. That is a vast improvement.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
True, some of those expired grapes are making it to the fridge. :laugh:

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another thread hijacked by the anti critical hit crowd.
They're psychotic, and blind to the fact that their behavior here is far worse than anything they accuse CH of. Such obsessive hatred and prejudice is an ugly thing to behold. Fortunately they've made themselves such a running joke on this forum that their credibility is ZERO.
:D :nuts:

bpickering

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Another thread hijacked by the anti critical hit crowd. The subject of the thread was their new website."
OK, on-topic response.

Apart from the actual home page, starting to navigate their catalog results in the same style pages I vaguely remember from the last time I looked well over a year ago.

Again, as I stated, haven't gone there in a year or more, but IIRC, part of the reason for that was that it was difficult to identify what was in-stock, in-production, etc.

Specific example:
RED CHRISTMAS—THE MOSCOW COUNTEROFFENSIVE
per the bottom of the page, "This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 26 March, 2008."

No word anywhere on the page if it's available right now, in production, pre-order, whatever. Clicking on the various categories (In Production, Now Shipping, Advance Order) doesn't help- couldn't find it in any of them.

The last time I shopped at CH's website, I ordered something like this which sounded interesting (at least three years ago, IIRC), I was charged for it up-front. OK, that made me think it would ship sometime relatively soon.

It was months before I finally received the product (sorry, no specific names, all records would be on my home machine). Turns out, it hadn't even been sent to the printer when I ordered it.

If they want to charge up-front, fine. Just be up-front (so to speak) about the status.

If and when I purchase any more CH product, it will be from a third party, where I can assure that they have the product in-hand when they charge my credit card. Otherwise, as has been stated elsewhere, I've got enough Official and TPP stuff to last me a lifetime- it's not like the one who has the most ASL when they die, wins.

A facelift of the homepage is hardly anything to get excited about. Most customers spend far more time actually shopping, and if it's the shopping experience driving them away, then what's the point?

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They're psychotic, and blind to the fact that their behavior here is far worse than anything they accuse CH of. Such obsessive hatred and prejudice is an ugly thing to behold. Fortunately they've made themselves such a running joke on this forum that their credibility is ZERO.
:D :nuts:
Glad that you have been declared judge and jury and been given the authority to pronounce such judgement on us for expressing our opinions.
Many of those opinions based on personal experiences with the products of the company in question or with it's owner.

Seems to be a huge leap of inanity that we have any less credibility than the bashers of MMP or any other TPP that's ever mentioned on these forums.

No issue with you sharing your positive experiences with CH or anyone else, but you don't have to do it in manner that attacks us as individuals.

Yes, the smilies soften it somewhat, but it is still pretty harsh the way you try to describe us. Makes us sound like Klukkers or something.

:upset:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Brian,

So where we you to defend me when I make fair criticisms of MMP and refuse to declare them the best thing to hit ASL ever? ;)

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian,

So where we you to defend me when I make fair criticisms of MMP and refuse to declare them the best thing to hit ASL ever? ;)
I defend you're right to voice your opinion portal. Not everyone loves MMP, not at all. I also defend all of our rights to agree to disagree.

I can't recall if I bashed on you personally for your viewpoint about MMP, if I did, you have my apology as this should never be personal, hell it should not really be business either.

At the end of the day this is all opinion about companies that make and sell games that we play as a hobby. I think we all tend to forget that sometimes.

Now if we were South Koreans and we were getting paid to play ASL professionally, well then I'd have to kick your ass! I'd like to think that I don't suck so badly at this game that I would not be able to get someone to sponsor me:D:D:D and of course if we did not have the same sponsor I'd just have to lay it on you brother! At least while we were competing. After hours in the bar, it'd all be kewl and no business :nuts:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another thread hijacked by the anti critical hit crowd. The subject of the thread was their new website.
True, but the guy who started the thread asked:
To those of who do not like CH! and as much gnashing of the teeth the few of you seem to do about this company, how then do you account for his success at staying in business and actually making a living at selling wargames?
If you look back you'll see that alot of the negative comments about CH were "spawned" by comments like these that ask for response.

Then you complain (and Scott as well) that we who refuse to do business with CH are "hijacking" the thread.

If you don't want our opinion about CH, don't ask for it.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True, but the guy who started the thread asked:
If you look back you'll see that alot of the negative comments about CH were "spawned" by comments like these that ask for response.

Then you complain (and Scott as well) that we who refuse to do business with CH are "hijacking" the thread.

If you don't want our opinion about CH, don't ask for it.
Spot on Sam!

The CH cheerleaders troll for this stuff constantly then get all bent when they get what they asked for.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They're psychotic, and blind to the fact that their behavior here is far worse than anything they accuse CH of. Such obsessive hatred and prejudice is an ugly thing to behold. Fortunately they've made themselves such a running joke on this forum that their credibility is ZERO. :D :nuts:
Oh look...a Glennbo post...and he didn't use the word "poop" even once. :D

Glennbo talking about credibility is like a hooker talking about virginity. :laugh: