Critical Hit

Vampiro

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
:mrgreen: Good morning/afternoon to everybody!

I have this problem: yesterday with my 51 English MTR I shoted a nice "snake eyes" against a concealed squad, with leader, in a stone building: well, how do I have to consider the "?" ?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vampiro said:
how do I have to consider the "?" ?
If, after applying all TH DRM, the final DR was lower than 7, it is a critical hit. The IFT column used is 12 (double the normal 50mm line), and the TEM is reversed. The +2 Case K DRM does not apply to the IFT resolution, only to the determination of the final TH DR.

If, after applying all TH DRM the final DR was 7 or higher, you may have gotten a CH or you may have missed. Check out the rules for all the possibilities.

Brian

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Were there any hindrance between your mortar and the target hex?

Basically your shot was an area target type shot (assuming < 12 hexes range) with a base TH of 7. The applicable DRM are +2 for concealed and + for any hindrances/ CX status of firer. Note TEM does not apply to the TH on an area target type shot.

The shot is a CH (unless the hindrances were +3 or higher because 2+3+2=7 => need to check for improbable hit). Now do random selection between the concealed leader and the concealed squad. Whoever is selected (and it can be both if random selection is a yahtzee) eats a 12 -3. The other one eats a 2+3. If you are using the IIFT its a 14-3 and a 3+3 I think.

It is a little more complicated if the leader is unconcealed. If the leader is unconcealed, you could concievably get a CH vrs the leader and miss the concealed squad (ie hindrances >+3) . If that is the case look up the improbable hit rules.