Crew Survival in Bypass

bryan wills

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,
I need help with the following situation and thank you in advance for your time.
An AFV moves into bypass in a building hex and subsequently gets eliminated. The crew survives. There is a squad in the building, does the crew assuming he survives any additional shots end up in the building?
If so, is he subject to TPBF from the squad within during final fire?
Thanks again,
Bryan
:confused:

Flarvin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
bryan wills said:
Hi all,
I need help with the following situation and thank you in advance for your time.
An AFV moves into bypass in a building hex and subsequently gets eliminated. The crew survives. There is a squad in the building, does the crew assuming he survives any additional shots end up in the building?
If so, is he subject to TPBF from the squad within during final fire?
Thanks again,
Bryan
:confused:
The way I read it is that the crew after surviving additional shots is placed in the building (unless it is fortified) in CC. Since it is CC, the crew could be subject to final fire.

Flarvin

bryan wills

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Gary,
Been playing FtF every week now!!!
I also have a pbem game going but just chillin' here in chi-town.
How have you been?
Want to continue our game?
Bry

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
SamB said:
Yep, also subject to Def First Fire if the movement phase is still in progress.
And subject to -2 Hazardous Movement during that (combined) MPh/DFPh - ouch!

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would the First Fire be against a unit in the Open (bypass) or in the obstacle?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think its in the open, but you get the -2 hazardous movement DRM when bailing out.

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hazrardous movment is cumulative with other terrain. So my question remains unanswered. Is the unit in bypass, thus receiving the full brunt of Hazardous Movement, or is it in the obstacle, lessoning the final DRM?

Thanks,
Jeff

Flarvin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tompy said:
Hazrardous movment is cumulative with other terrain. So my question remains unanswered. Is the unit in bypass, thus receiving the full brunt of Hazardous Movement, or is it in the obstacle, lessoning the final DRM?

Thanks,
Jeff
According to D5.6 the surviving crew is placed beneath the wreck, which is in bypass. Also D2.36 state that an unit disembarking from a vehicle in bypass has fire on them traced to the CAFP of the vehicle. This leads me to believe that the crew would get TEM from the wreck but not from the bypassed obstacle.

Flarvin

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D6.5 UNLOADING: "Passengers/Riders of a vehicle in Bypass which unload (even if they do not have enough remaining MF to move into the obstacle) or which during their MPh Abandon/Survive/Bail-Out (5.4-.6, 6.24) are assumed to be in the terrain of the vehicles CAFP (2.36) for purposes of any Defensive First Fire vs them. Immedialtely after all such First Fire is resolved, they are assumed to be in the woods or building terrain of the obstacle itself."

D9.3 AFV/WRECK TEM: "All Infantry in the same Location with a wreck/friendly-AFV/abandoned-enemy-AFV are entitled to a +1 TEM unless one or more of the following applies: ... or that AFV would be subject to TH Case J ... if at that moment it were to be fired on by ordnance (C.8) [EXC: Armored Assault (9.31); units Abandoning/Surviving/unloading/Bailing-Out from an AFV (5.5, 5.6, 6.5, & 6.24)]."

In other words, the AFV TEM does apply to units that have passed a Survival dr and are placed beneath the AFV.

The surviving crew is therefore subject to Hazardous Movement at the CAFP with a +1 TEM for the AFV during First Fire. After its MPh is completed, it is placed in the obstacle and normal TEM would apply.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Last edited: