Crew Survival - at what time can the surviving crew fire?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In my last game, the following situation arose:

ISU-152 moves up behind a hedge to cover a road. It gets busted by a PF from an upper level building location 3 hexes away (Bastards!!) during the enemy PrepFire Phase.
The crew survives.

Question:
Can the surviving crew fire in the upcoming enemy MPh (Defensive First Fire) or DFPh (Final Fire)?

What if the ISU gets blasted in its own MPh. Could a surviving crew fire during its AFPh?

TIA,
von Marwitz

tommyl

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Country
llUnited States
What if the ISU gets blasted in its own MPh. Could a surviving crew fire during its AFPh?
Only if it had not yet fired a vehicular weapon and the ISU was not moving target prior getting blasted (D5.8).

Not sure about the first part of the question.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D5.8 for a rules reference."5.8 CREW FP: An inherent crew may fire all the armament of a vehicle [EXC: see U.S. Multi-Applicable Note E and similar Vehicle Notes for secondary AAMG fired by Passengers] but may not fire its inherent FP until it takes crew counter form outside that vehicle, and only if it has not yet fired a vehicular weapon or been a moving target (C.8) prior to taking counter form during that Player Turn (although it could still engage in CC/FPF). Any crew counter thus lacking use of its inherent FP should be marked with an appropriate Prep Fire or Final Fire counter. "

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You all understand you are asking for the shark to show up right?....jrv is circling you now with his "Missing Counter Teeth" all pointy and white...we need the "Crew Surived, but fired a AFV weapon"... or "Crew Survived but was in Motion" counter...

Oddly I am not sure NRBH that if say Passengers survived their CS, but say had fired some ht weapon that they would be subject to this...so why should crews...I get the answer "b/c the rule D5.8 says so" but I think there could be a logic failure, but again NRBH. In any case shark in the water...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per the rule, "Any crew counter thus lacking use of its inherent FP should be marked with an appropriate Prep Fire or Final Fire counter." No need for more counters; we have appropriate ones.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per the rule, "Any crew counter thus lacking use of its inherent FP should be marked with an appropriate Prep Fire or Final Fire counter." No need for more counters; we have appropriate ones.

JR
No, no, no, you can't get off that easy. Nice try mate. These are but stand-ins for what should be counters of their own hue and form. I will not fall for your double standard here. How does a fire counter relate to Motion? Surely not. Now get to work Mr. Shark.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
No, no, no, you can't get off that easy. Nice try mate. These are but stand-ins for what should be counters of their own hue and form. I will not fall for your double standard here. How does a fire counter relate to Motion? Surely not. Now get to work Mr. Shark.
Don't worry, he's setting you up for the next time.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
D5.8 for a rules reference."5.8 CREW FP: An inherent crew may fire all the armament of a vehicle [EXC: see U.S. Multi-Applicable Note E and similar Vehicle Notes for secondary AAMG fired by Passengers] but may not fire its inherent FP until it takes crew counter form outside that vehicle, and only if it has not yet fired a vehicular weapon or been a moving target (C.8) prior to taking counter form during that Player Turn (although it could still engage in CC/FPF). Any crew counter thus lacking use of its inherent FP should be marked with an appropriate Prep Fire or Final Fire counter. "
Thanks! There it is.

In fact this means that I could have fired my crew in revenge against some "Boy Soldiers" in FrF99 when they crossed the street that I planned to cover with the 152mm Gun of the ISU. Not quite the same, but still.

In the event, I had to turn an AT-Gun and use Intensive Fire to stop them, so "alas" ? they were stalled just short of the Gun they needed to take out so dearly...

Gotta love this game!

von Marwitz