Crew survival and D1F

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D5.6 CREW SURVIVAL .... If, after its elimination, the vehicle's owner makes a Final DR ≤ its CS#, a vehicle-crew counter is placed beneath the wreck (expending all remaining MF) and is subject to the effects of Hazardous Movement (see also 9.3) vs all subsequent attacks during that phase.
If the elimination occurs during the Mph what does 'expending all remaining MF' mean regarding further D1F shots?

Do crew possess MF calculated as one does passengers based on the MP's expended prior to unloading... -- so that a Crew which survives an attack that came in the first 1/4 of its vehicle's Mph (but after at least one MP expended) would be placed under the wrecked vehicle with an expenditure of 3MF (of Hazardous Movement) and be vulnerable to up to 3 separate attacks from a single firer? Would a crew which suvives an attack in the last 1/4 of its vehicle's Mph be subject to a 0MF expenditure which is treated as a minimum 1MF as when Bailing Out -- "considered to spend all remaining but at least one"? So 0MF still allows 1 shot at the hazardous moving crew <--- this all seems reasonable to me but I'm pretty sure in the past my opponents and I have treated crew survival as if it were a 1MF expenditure no matter at what point in a Mph it came and the whole proportional MP/MF thing feels "made up" -- nothing like that is mentioned in D5.6 -- just the mysterious phrase "expending all remaining MF"?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'm inclined to agree with your practice, 1 shot per firer just as if exactly 1 MF always expended. The "expending all remaining MF" I see as making sure rules legal eagles don't even think about moving the crew anywhere during the MPh.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Maybe rule is thinking in riders and passengers rolling CS after vehicle is destroyed..

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Maybe rule is thinking in riders and passengers rolling CS after vehicle is destroyed..
D6.9 covers PR and points back to D5.6, so any surviving PR must be treated like the newly created Vehicular Crew, IE Hazardous Movement and all MF expended. D5.6 and D6.9 only really differ as to the source of a possible +1 CS DRM, for the (new) Crew being under Stun/Shock or broken prior to the vehicle kill, for PR just being broken prior to the vehicular kill.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I've always played as if the crew counts MF as if a Passenger for the purpose of this rule, and I think I've also applied D6.24 "(but at least one)" to this situation as well, even though the rule doesn't really say that. But it always seemed to me the way to play it.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...it always seemed to me the way to play it.
That's what I mean .... it all seems quite reasonable but one wishes the RB spelled it out more directly.

If neither the bail out style "minimum expenditure, nor the passenger style MF allotment are specifically called for ( and I feel like if Klas doest know where the call outs are -- they very probably don't exist ) -- then I think one should ask what are the alternative interpretations... and I don't see good alternatives (despite having been using one up to now). It doesnt make asl sense in my opinion that slithering out the hatches of a wrecked tank would ever be 0MF -- not if being swept off the top by a TCA change Bail Out costs at least 1MF -- how could CS not? As for the passenger style MF calculation -- how would NOT making that calculation make sense? -- seems to me "remaining MF" has to refer to something.

Hopefully any opponents will agree.