Crazy Sh*t that keeps happening in DTF playtests - Motion Riders in CC !

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well folks we did it again....another Bucket list moment.

In order to suppress my ART gun, Chris decided to drive a T34 in motion bypass in its woods hex. Not an unusual plan.

Much more unusual was the fact that the T34 had a squad of Riders.

In the CCPh, we dug through all the rules and it looks as if the 5-2-7 squad is NOT penalised for being on a Motion (as opposed to a stationary) vehicle (D6.22) ! The halving of their FP is specifically limited to their use of FP on the IFT. It seems the only penalty is the +1 / -1 to their CC attack.

However, the Close Combat Table does have halving of FP as generic penalty for being in Motion....

Can someone confirm that the squad attacks in CC with 5 FP with a +1 Modifier? Or is it only 2.5 FP ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The modifier on the CC table is the only rule there is, I think, but I also think it is sufficient. Pin & guard mention it in text as well [A7.8; A20.52], but perhaps only to emphasize that it applies only to the attack.

JR

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hi Fred,'

that is not how D6.22 reads to me.
I agree-- D6.22 reads "Riders may not use SW, must used halved FP as Mounted Fire when firing their inherent FP on the IFT (quartered if the vehicle has moved or is in Motion, inclusive of OVR attacks), and must add one to their CC DR (A11.611)" [italics mine].

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

I have referred this rules question to the Oracle Klas, who has given a "no verdict" answer and referred me to the Final Verdictor, Perry Cocke at MMP.

I will share his response back to this forum, of course.

Rare and interesting......