CPX December 4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking for players and commanders for a CPX to be run on December 4.

It's a force on force (Blue vs Red) scenario involving a deliberate attack. Significant pregame planning will be required from some players, especially the force commanders: planning must be sent to me by Dec 1, to include a recon plan. I will game out the recon battle by the end of December 2, giving players time to tweak their plans on December 3. The plans will get implemented on the map if they get the plans to me soon enough to get them into TacOps by the start of play on December 4. :)

The current scenario plan will easily handle 5 players per side (one CO, 3 maneuver, one fire support).

Map: 573
Scenario: US Army Custom

IRC server: schlepper.hanse.de, port 7024, default channel #tacops
Backup IRC: www.combatmission.com, port 7000, default channel #tacops

Start time: 1500GMT (1000 US Eastern, 0900 US Central) [And yes, I just rechecked the offset. But feel free to recheck it and correct me. :) ]

Please let me know soon if you intend to play (james.sterrett@gmail.com), so we can get the teams organized.

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I will play. Either side, and I have no problem with being a CO, but only in case no one else wants to be CO first.

Perfect time for me- first day of five weeks holiday....

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you've no time off before then, will you have time for planning? If not, then think twice about being the CO.

Having said which, based on your performance last time, I'd be delighted to have you be a CO if you have the time.

John Osborne

Reaction score
Count me in. Red side of course :D I would reather not be the CO this time. I would like to maneuver units around on this CPX :nuts:

John

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Count me in. I would like a maneuver group. Either side is fine with me.

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
James Sterrett said:
Hub: Permit me to promote you to CO, then! Choose a side: offense or defense? :)
Hell, I don't know- both appeal to me. Best just hand me one and I'll get started on it...

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although I will be unable to participate on Dec 4, I would like to be involved in the planning/recon phase if possible.

Either side or one of umpire's minions.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hub is Red force commander (via email), though I'm sure he's happy to have some help!

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks, James- got the warning order. C'mon everybody, pile on. This will be a cool scrap!

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hub said:
Thanks, James- got the warning order. C'mon everybody, pile on. This will be a cool scrap!
If James does not to employ me in another way, I'd be happy to participate in planning. I cannot be part of the execute portion. :(

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
pmaidhof said:
If James does not to employ me in another way, I'd be happy to participate in planning. I cannot be part of the execute portion. :(
Peter:

I would always appreciate your input. Get James to send you whatever he is sending me. My "planning" right now is limited to printing out the map and moving things around mentally for a day or two. After that, I'll draw up an OPORD and graphics and send it to you for suggestions or recommendations. So, you may not hear from me for a couple of days, until I firm up in my mind what I want to do. Good thing I'm not a real commander, otherwise I'd be hooped if I had to come up with anything in a hurry...Can I have your email address?

Rattler

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
can do, any side.

Fire Support preferred, not CO this time (bit rusty, let me get the hang again after 6 month). Cursory planning possible (I can chime in once a day, around 2000 GMT)

rattlercpx@eventfoto.com

If thats ok, let me know