Cowering and FPF (ASLSK)

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Guys;

I have a situation in S2 where by a Russian conscript has cowered so a final fired marker is on his head. Next thing that happens is another German unit is moving right up next to him.

My question is can the conscript do a FPF attack and would the final modified FP equal 1 FP ???

Thanks ...

And oh if this were the russians first defensive fire ph. is there any residual fire left in the target hex and would that be half of the conscripts 4FP or 1FP?

Thanks

Last edited:

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I don't have the SK rules on hand, but unless they say otherwise, sure the Conscript can do a FPF attack... they can be done whenever you're marked with a Final Fire counter and want to fire again at a moving adjacent unit.

FP would equal 4 though... standard 4 FP, halved for having already fired, doubled for point blank fire. (It's not halved twice for having fired twice).

Residual would be left, so would be half of the FP used in the FPF attack... ie. residual = 2, assuming no other reason to reduce it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
CPRad said:
My question is can the conscript do a FPF attack and would the final modified FP equal 1 FP ???
He can go on FPFing as long as he does not break (as the FPF is also a MC).
His FP is halved, but the first cowering does not go on.
And as FPF is only against adjacent targets, his FP is also doubled : so your conscript fires with 4 FP.
Now, if he rolls a doubles when he fires FPF, it is a cower that reduces the effect two columns, and reduces FP to 1 FP.
But that cower only affects the specific FPF shot : if the conscript has another occasion to fire FPF, he is not affected by the preceding cower(s).
CPRad said:
And oh if this were the russians first defensive fire ph. is there any residual fire left in the target hex and would that be half of the conscripts 4FP or 1FP?
Residual fire is half the effective FP shot.
If the Russian fired without cower, the resid FP would be : adjacent : 4 FP (8/2), 2 hexes distant : 2 FP (4/2), 3-4 hexes dist. : 1 FP (2/2)
If it cowered, it would be : adjacent : 2 FP (4/2), 2 hexes dist. : no Resid (1/2) (and at 2ble range, the 426 would have no effect, even in the attack, as the original 2FP would be reduced under the minimal 1 FP column).

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you both Andrew and Robin for the explanation.

This was one rule that I had some questions on in the past and you help clear the issue for me.

Thanks once again

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's very important, Larry, that you take note of the part about the MC for FPF (since you mentioned conscripts): your attack DR is used as a MC on YOUR troops :crosseye: . [this is ASL rules, anyway. not sure about SK].

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
alanp said:
It's very important, Larry, that you take note of the part about the MC for FPF (since you mentioned conscripts): your attack DR is used as a MC on YOUR troops :crosseye: . [this is ASL rules, anyway. not sure about SK].
Right, roger that.

Thats the one thing I thought long and hard about .. as you know from personal experience from playing me, my DR are iffy at the best of times .. : (

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
More importantly, remember to apply the right DRM. I don't have the book handy so I won't copy here but the DRM on the IFT and DRM for the MC are not identical.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry--

I've found your DRs VERY consistent :devil:

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
zgrose said:
More importantly, remember to apply the right DRM. I don't have the book handy so I won't copy here but the DRM on the IFT and DRM for the MC are not identical.
Hi;

Hmmmmm I thought it was a straight MC DR ... no modifiers. You mean there are??

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Its modified by any applicabled leadership DRM, but not by any of the other DRM that may modify the DFF result, like TEM, hindrance etc.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
;)

"Hi Guys;

I have a situation in S2 where by a Russian conscript has cowered so a final fired marker is on his head. Next thing that happens is another German unit is moving right up next to him.

Thanks ..."

My answer is:
Yes the Russian conscript may use FPF

If it does FPF the FP would be 4 FP
c

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
"And oh if this were the russians first defensive fire ph. is there any residual fire left in the target hex and would that be half of the conscripts 4FP or 1FP?

Thanks"

My (ASLRB) answer is: depends on

If the russian conscripts would DFF and would not cower, they would leave 4 RFP

If the russian conscripts would DFF and would cower, they would leave
1 RFP

If the russian conscripts would SFF or FPF and would not cower, they would leave 2 RFP

If the russian conscripts would SFF or FPF and would cower, they would leave NO RFP

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Correction

sorry I made a mistake

If the russian conscripts would DFF and would cower, they would leave
2 RFP.

Bewcause the regular 8 FP PBF DFF would cower to 4 FP which would be halved to 2 RFP.

I have no ASLSK but a ASLRB!

c:bandit: :toast: :horse: :strokin: :banana: :kotz: :hail: