COVID

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have never stopped playing face to face since day one. If proper precautions are taken, both I and my opponent are fully vaccinated and both healthy (and under 60) I don' t see the problem. I will die one day...but after surviving almost 40 years in the Army, if I die because of playing ASL face to face, so be it. There are worse ways to go.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The only thing I can say is I got Covid on 12/12/21 and was out sick with every symptom for 12 days straight. It was the worst thing I ever been through. Two days after I got it my wife got it she was out for 8 days. My mother-in-law who lived with us got it the day after my wife, we were both so sick my wife’s oldest sister had to come take care of her mom, the next day she made the call to admit her to the hospital. She was there three weeks, came home on hospice (she beat Covid but it destroyed her lungs) on the 12th of January and passed on the 14th.

it’s no laughing matter, it’s not a cold or a flu, it is a man made bio weapon. My wife has long Covid now, and still has issues. For some reason I am fine (well I have mental issues and ptsd lol but other than that I am fine, lol).

Stay safe, love your family and friends.

cheers

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No. Trying to protect yourself, your family, and others is not shrinking away from life, it's being a responsible adult. The game wasn't "meant" to be FTF; if you don't like VASL then find FTF people. If you don't like FTF tournaments being canceled, run your own.
Wow take a chill pill, it is time to move on and live with covid.. it is not going to leave, just like influenza, the common cold, etc.. it is here to stay permanently so you have to learn to live with it like me and every other human on this planet.I play VASL, and FTF, but you can't hide anymore, it is just like the thousands of other viruses, bacteria etc around us everyday..do you hide from Influenza, or meningitis,c-diff, etc etc. I work as a lab tech, you would not believe how dangerous influenza really is, or viral menigitus, MRSA. Hepatitus, malaria. I work with patients who have those bugs every day, and they, like covid are around us.constantly.Do you hide from those as well???

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have never stopped playing face to face since day one. If proper precautions are taken, both I and my opponent are fully vaccinated and both healthy (and under 60) I don' t see the problem. I will die one day...but after surviving almost 40 years in the Army, if I die because of playing ASL face to face, so be it. There are worse ways to go.
I served almost 30 years in the Canadian Armed Forces..worrying about covid or influenza etc was the last concern on my mind on a live fire exercise.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have two neighbors on both sides of me who gott he booster shot, 10 days later got covid, two of my friends got their third shot 12 days later both got covid, my sister-in law got covid from a family memeber 8 days after getting their third shot. Pfizer claims the vaccines works...seems a hell of a lot of people get covid now after their third shot.. I have my two and that is all i am getting.But you cannot spend your life hiding in fear.., there are literally millions of ways to die, so why waste your life not living it especially now..

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I want to die in my sleep.......not like the three other passengers screaming as my car goes over the cliff :p

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Living your life doesn't equate to taking the right to live life from others.

Starting to die from the minute we are born doesn't mean we need to hasten the process for ourselves and definitely not for others.

Making choices that impact our lives is a matter of personal freedom. Making choices that impedes others from making that same choice for themselves is infringement.

But hey, take a chill pill pal, if you can do the above without impacting the right of others to do the same, all the power to ya!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have two neighbors on both sides of me who gott he booster shot, 10 days later got covid, two of my friends got their third shot 12 days later both got covid, my sister-in law got covid from a family memeber 8 days after getting their third shot. Pfizer claims the vaccines works...seems a hell of a lot of people get covid now after their third shot.. I have my two and that is all i am getting.But you cannot spend your life hiding in fear.., there are literally millions of ways to die, so why waste your life not living it especially now..
If "not playing FtF" equates to "not living your life" or "hiding in fear"....

Your definition of "living life" seems a tad narrower than some.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow take a chill pill, it is time to move on and live with covid.. it is not going to leave, just like influenza, the common cold, etc.. it is here to stay permanently so you have to learn to live with it like me and every other human on this planet.I play VASL, and FTF, but you can't hide anymore, it is just like the thousands of other viruses, bacteria etc around us everyday..do you hide from Influenza, or meningitis,c-diff, etc etc. I work as a lab tech, you would not believe how dangerous influenza really is, or viral menigitus, MRSA. Hepatitus, malaria. I work with patients who have those bugs every day, and they, like covid are around us. constantly. Do you hide from those as well???
And one of the 'good' things to come of this pandemic is that we know that control methods such as ventilation and hand sanitizing are effective in reducing all of these risks. The trend of rising flu cases was reversed for the '20-21 season, and the relationship between behavior and disease spread is much better understood by the general public. Unfortunately, we had to find out the hard way.😢

(Overcrowded building spaces with poor ventilation top the list for me, but I was considered a 'contrarian' or even a crack pot when I tried to explain that to building managers at my employer- even though I was the in-house expert on these things.)

So while we can recover and get back to in-person gatherings, don't expect the controls to go away entirely.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I respect the danger of Covid. I don't want to die of something I can prevent, so I take precautions like wearing an N95 mask in appropriate situations. I have had three vaccinations. When Covid was less understood, I stayed away from FtF tournaments. Now that we understand it better, I feel safe going to a FtF tournament because I know the precautions to take to control the risk, and I want to be closer to "living normally" again. I am disappointed, however, that almost all the other people at the two tournaments I attended in September and December did not wear masks during the events. Yes, they are uncomfortable to wear all day, but they protect others as well as yourself.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I respect the danger of Covid. I don't want to die of something I can prevent, so I take precautions like wearing an N95 mask in appropriate situations. I have had three vaccinations. When Covid was less understood, I stayed away from FtF tournaments. Now that we understand it better, I feel safe going to a FtF tournament because I know the precautions to take to control the risk, and I want to be closer to "living normally" again. I am disappointed, however, that almost all the other people at the two tournaments I attended in September and December did not wear masks during the events. Yes, they are uncomfortable to wear all day, but they protect others as well as yourself.
I wear a mask almost all day at work as I am surrounded by college students who for the majority have a casual attitude about covid. I do maintenance so it is uncomfortable and makes some tasks more difficult. A lot of other things in life are uncomfortable and I have learned to tolerate them so I will do the same with covid precautions.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
The vaccine does not prevent infection, it boosts the body's immune system so it can react to the virus without overreaction, which would lead to excess fluid in the lungs, causing death. The vaccine is very effective. Of the COVID patients in hospitals, 95%+ are un-vaccinated. Of the COVID deaths since the rate of vaccination reached 60%+ of the general population, 95%+ are unvaccinated. If the vaccine was ineffective, about half of the hospitalizations and deaths would be vaccinated and the other half unvaccinated.

IMO, the people living in fear are those that believe there are tracking microchips in the vaccine, that believe the vaccine changes human DNA/ make men/women sterile, that believe that taking the vaccine is submission to an ulterior communist/fascist plot/plan for government control of the citizens, etc. and not people that stay home more, eat out less, curtail family gatherings, who want to limit their exposure to COVID because they have comorbidities or have compromised immune systems, which the vaccine will have minimal effect.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One point, my family had a large gathering for christmas, no masks, people were vaccianted,and unvaccinated, we did not care, there were older folks, kids adults etc. We had a blast,and not a single person got covid, same with the summer, big gathering and no infection. You lot want to protect yourselves I respect your decisions..But after 2 years of this crap, we decided to hell with the restrictions... period. I only wear masks in grocery stores etc, but outside around people forget it. Many of my friends and family are unvaccinated , and I could care less wether they are or not. I am not dumping them as friends same wIth those in my family. I will never discriminate or segregate those who refuse the vaccine.. It is our body,our choice, if people do not like it, too bad..just walk away...I am neither a selfish nor a uncaring person, I totaly believe in freedom of choice, not totalitarian restrictions. IT IS NOT UP TO OUR GOVERNMENTS OR OTHERS TO DICTATE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO, IT IS UP TO YOU AS THE INDIVIDUAL TO DETERMINE WHAT YOU WANT. I GOT MY TWO BECAUSE OF MY THREE HEALTH PROBLEMS, BUT THAT IS MY CHOICE, NOT YOURS..

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think you can see ...

WE AS INDIVIDUALS CHOOSE TO TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT OURSELVES, OUR LOVED ONES AND OUR FELLOW CITIZENS. WE ARE EXERCISING OUR INDIVIDUAL CHOICE (MY CHOICE, NOT YOURS).

IT IS NOT UP TO THE MEDIA OR OTHERS TO DICTATE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO.

It does appear we are in agreement. :) The difference seems to be that you think in terms of whether others bother you. Some of us think in terms of whether we bother others.

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Who knew doors in Scotland had hinges? ;)

I'm thinking some enterprising Yorkshireman could make a killing selling doorstops to Nicola Sturgeon. The leader of the SNP defended her government's decision to spend over $400,000 USD to cut off the bottoms of classroom doors as "common sense" in order to curb Covid by improving ventilation.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who knew doors in Scotland had hinges? ;)

I'm thinking some enterprising Yorkshireman could make a killing selling doorstops to Nicola Sturgeon. The leader of the SNP defended her government's decision to spend over $400,000 USD to cut off the bottoms of classroom doors as "common sense" in order to curb Covid by improving ventilation.
Common sense, lolol. It’s a fricking Fire hazard. Sounds dangerous for kids.

Imighthaveit

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No Clot Shot for me! Since 2021 there has been a spike of vaccinated people just dropping dead. This spike has never happened before. Believe what you will, but I've had covid and know I have a natural immunity and have never gotten it again like the vaccinated that keep getting it over and over.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No Clot Shot for me! Since 2021 there has been a spike of vaccinated people just dropping dead. This spike has never happened before. Believe what you will, but I've had covid and know I have a natural immunity and have never gotten it again like the vaccinated that keep getting it over and over.
No shot for me full stop...Pharma poison.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
In Sweden death stats:

2001 10.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2002 10.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2003 10.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2004 10.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2005 10.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2006 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2007 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2008 9.9 died of 1000 Swedes
2009 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2010 9.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2011 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2012 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2013 9.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2014 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2015 9.3 died of 1000 Swedes
2016 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2017 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2018 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2019 8.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2020 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2021 8.9 died of 1000 Swedes
2022 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes

Example: 2002 10.6 of 1000 Swedes died
"Pandemic" 2021 8.9 of 1000 Swedes died.