COVID

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following is what I have been sharing with pre-regs in my acknowledgement email regarding ASLOK & Covid:

Basically it is our intent to proceed with a FTF ASLOK this year if permitted to do so by the regulatory agencies outside of our control. I had considered attempting to mandate vaccination and/or masks and decided I did not want to be the mask police, much less attempting to track vaccinations. My best suggestion is to get vaccinated to minimize your risk. If you either cannot or have at risk people in your home that you are worried about exposing, I hate to say it, but this is likely a good ASLOK to miss, as I do not think there is any way to lower the risk of attending to near zero unfortunately.

Note: my goal here is to present what ASLOK is planning for this year. I'm not looking to derail this thread into a Covid debate or how our policy could be improved. If you would like to share that directly, drop me an email and we can discuss offline.
I have purchased a couple cases of disposable masks and hand sanitizer to help lower the risk further. (Sorry, still not zero) - Again, not required but available for those who feel inclined.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I have purchased a couple cases of disposable masks and hand sanitizer to help lower the risk further. (Sorry, still not zero) - Again, not required but available for those who feel inclined.
Maybe you can enlist a local clinic/pharmacy to set up a vaccination station, as well.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe you can enlist a local clinic/pharmacy to set up a vaccination station, as well.
I believe that would be an exercise in futility as most people have already made up their minds one way or another about vaccinations and have either already gotten them or decline to do so. Availability is not the issue, it is simply a matter of choice.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I believe that would be an exercise in futility as most people have already made up their minds one way or another about vaccinations and have either already gotten them or decline to do so. Availability is not the issue, it is simply a matter of choice.
Perhaps, but
  1. Keep it front-of-mind
  2. Never give up on people

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bhattacharya's assessment of public health policy on Covid to date, with comments on the UK's Matt Hancock notion of herd immunity, the WHO, Africa, the CDC and mask efficacy, and of course, Fauci's Greatest Hits.

Bhattacharya argues that most countries inverted the traditional focussed-protection policy by protecting the lap-top class while encouraging the more vulnerable "essential-worker" class to continue working. More important, he contends that public health policies have failed in part due to the use of coercion, doing more to foster fear, confusion, and distrust than to convince the public of the need to follow public health measures. Propaganda. His word, not mine. For his thoughts on Covid vaccines and vaccine mandates, skip ahead to the 50-minute mark or so.

Triggering stuff. Viewer discretion advised. ;)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you made a political post and have been warned and banned several times before for making political posts say goodbye Whiskers1123.
It wasn’t a political post, it is beyond political, it is common sense. It’s called mass hysteria. I’d say it was more medical.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
It wasn’t a political post, it is beyond political, it is common sense. It’s called mass hysteria. I’d say it was more medical.
Perry did not cancel Winter Offensive due to mass hysteria.

There is a surge of infections due to the Omicron variant. It has not resulted in US / nation wide lockdowns nor any city wide lockdowns that I know of. Most of the hospital beds have been filled with COVID patients, most of them unvaccinated. If 90% of the US population had been vaccinated, we might have been able to contain the spread of variants here but some valued personal freedom more than responsibility to community, while others did not put trust in the government or scientists, considering prior 'programs' or 'promises', which is their choice here in the US.

Humans have never been exposed to this virus before. It will take the human immune system time to adjust to it so that the immune system reacts naturally to COVID like it does to the common cold or flu. It might take twenty years (very doubtful) or a hundred years (probable in my opinion).

If it was the intent of those 'who mandate a lockdown' to control the population, there are much easier ways and more subtle ways to do that. I have serious doubts that dictatorial power will be established based on COVID outbreaks / lockdowns.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I'm currently isolating due to covid. Fair spoiled Christmas for us but given how ill I was with just a mild dose I would not like to have given this to any of my parents, customers or co-workers!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I'm currently isolating due to covid. Fair spoiled Christmas for us but given how ill I was with just a mild dose I would not like to have given this to any of my parents, customers or co-workers!
Hope you feel better soon as well.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You guys realize, we are all going to have to live with covid, we cannot put off living and having fun indefinitely. Life is about living, not worrying about dying, the minute we are born we are starting to die. So accept it move on and return to playing. Play the game, and live our lives.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You guys realize, we are all going to have to live with covid, we cannot put off living and having fun indefinitely. Life is about living, not worrying about dying, the minute we are born we are starting to die. So accept it move on and return to playing. Play the game FTF like is meant to be, and live our lives.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. Trying to protect yourself, your family, and others is not shrinking away from life, it's being a responsible adult. The game wasn't "meant" to be FTF; if you don't like VASL then find FTF people. If you don't like FTF tournaments being canceled, run your own.