COVID

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You gotta know it's a problem when "your own side" doesn't even think it's worth the few minutes in their lives to answer your questions. (They should know the answers!). Think about it.
Still not answering any of the questions. What you wrote is a deflection.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should understand. You are exhibiting the attitude you described.
Until you can answer any of the questions I posted, your replies are simply your personal views not based any any realistic thinking. Also, very judgmental of you to assume those who wish to live their lives without fear of non fatal diseases are intentionally disregarding the welfare of others. No one put you in charge.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am incapable of providing proof that the COViD pandemic is not a big conspiracy between the WHO, CDC, Canadian Health Ministries, the Chinese Communist Party, Pfizer, Dr Fauci, the Queen of England and the Gnomes of Zurich. If you're that deep into conspiracy theories, there's nothing I can do.

Please don't eat the horse dewormer.

(And yes, it is a vaccine. mRNA vaccines against corona viruses have been under development for many years. The cool thing about them is that they are a template - once the basics are there, you can quickly swap in the code for whatever specific virus you need to build antibodies for and you're ready to go. And it works. Probably the greatest medical miracle since the discovery of antibiotics.)
Why is it that when people question or look for true answers it's always a conspiracy theory? Do you think labeling it such will make it go away?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Until you can answer any of the questions I posted, your replies are simply your personal views not based any any realistic thinking. Also, very judgmental of you to assume those who wish to live their lives without fear of non fatal diseases are intentionally disregarding the welfare of others. No one put you in charge.
Until i have a tad more respect for people like you I might brush up on my conspiracy theories to give you a half decent answer. Again, at least I am nice enough to give you the time of day. No one else did

Until someone put you in charge sweetheart, I answer whichever question I dang well please.
:)

(It’s true. There’s no us. There’s only you, howling at your keyboard. We are all in your head. Keep safe. )

Last edited:

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Until i have a tad more respect for people like you I might brush up on my conspiracy theories to give you a half decent answer. Again, at least I am nice enough to give you the time of day. No one else did

Until someone put you in charge sweetheart, I answer whichever question I dang well please.
:)

(It’s true. There’s no us. There’s only you, howling at your keyboard. We are all in your head. Keep safe. )
To first value your posts, you assume I value your opinions. And I am not your "sweetheart". I would be straight.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't need the CDC or Governors or TV pundits to tell me what to think. I just need to visit our local hospital.

I have a procedure that is done at the hospital monthly. Last year, I think June or July when I went for my treatment I was directed to a tent that was set up in the parking lot. I was told this was because all of the beds in the hospital were occupied by Covid patients and that many regular beds were being converted for ICUs. In addition, there were 4 refrigerated semi-trailers next to the tents that were being used as temporary morgues because the mortuaries couldn't handle the bodies. This isn't in the boondocks, btw, it's in Orange County CA where there are plenty of mortuaries.

The tents and I suspect the trucks, stopped being used in January or February but they are still there. A good thing because when I went for my treatment this month, I received it in the tents.

Now I don't know anyone who has gotten really sick from Covid and I have a large family, but it's obvious to me that many families are grieving because of this disease.

YMMV

John Lehman

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I don't need the CDC or Governors or TV pundits to tell me what to think. I just need to visit our local hospital.

I have a procedure that is done at the hospital monthly. Last year, I think June or July when I went for my treatment I was directed to a tent that was set up in the parking lot. I was told this was because all of the beds in the hospital were occupied by Covid patients and that many regular beds were being converted for ICUs. In addition, there were 4 refrigerated semi-trailers next to the tents that were being used as temporary morgues because the mortuaries couldn't handle the bodies. This isn't in the boondocks, btw, it's in Orange County CA where there are plenty of mortuaries.

The tents and I suspect the trucks, stopped being used in January or February but they are still there. A good thing because when I went for my treatment this month, I received it in the tents.

Now I don't know anyone who has gotten really sick from Covid and I have a large family, but it's obvious to me that many families are grieving because of this disease.

YMMV

John Lehman
Hope you are well. Best wishes to you.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Friends have had covid and now with "life long" immunity - 'cause they are DEAD.
I can't tell if this is argumentum ad populam (which incidentally Pitcavage still does way better than you) or argumentum ad imaginarium populam.

It's probably closer to appeal to emotion tbh, in the same class as think of the children!

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There's no doubt this disease is real and has hit people very hard, especially (but not exclusively) those who are unvaccinated and have underlying conditions.

Clearly though, a lot of people are ready to assume the risk of living their lives without the imposition of one more layer of bubble-wrap. I'm double vaccinated, clean my hands frequently and wear a mask when told to do so. I'm also happy to take off my mask at all times I'm permitted to do so. I don't have 100% confidence I won't contract COVID at some point, but I'm also not 100% convinced of my safety on the road to work every morning.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I'd like to apologize to our moderator. Apparently we can't handle a COVID thread.
You should have known that.........:D:p After all this same old tired song and dance has been going on for 18 months (meaning the bickering back and fourth). 🆒

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
In Sweden death stats:

2001 10.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2002 10.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2003 10.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2004 10.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2005 10.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2006 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2007 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2008 9.9 died of 1000 Swedes
2009 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2010 9.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2011 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2012 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2013 9.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2014 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2015 9.3 died of 1000 Swedes
2016 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2017 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2018 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2019 8.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2020 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes

Example: 2002 10.6 of 1000 Swedes died
Pandemic 2020 9.5 of 1000 Swedes died.
[URLunfurl="true"]https://nyadagbladet.se/analys/pandemioverdrifterna-ar-ett-statistiskt-faktum/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pandemioverdrifterna-ar-ett-statistiskt-faktum[/URL]

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's probably closer to appeal to emotion tbh, in the same class as think of the children!
Such appeals to emotion were part of the UK's policy discussion paper on how to increase adherence to non-pharmaceutical health measures.

Under the heading "Persuasion" can be found the following in bold type:
The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.
Under "Coercion," the authors telling warned of the negative consequences of using social disapproval as a tool.
8. Social disapproval: Social disapproval from one’s community can play an important role in preventing anti-social behaviour or discouraging failure to enact pro-social behaviour (15). However, this needs to be carefully managed to avoid victimisation, scapegoating and misdirected criticism. It needs to be accompanied by clear messaging and promotion of strong collective identity. Consideration should be given to use of social disapproval but with a strong caveat around unwanted negative consequences.

Speaking of children, Dr. Martin Kulldorff, a Swedish-born academic at Harvard, mentioned a study that found that despite allowing children aged 1-15 to remain in daycare and school during the height of the pandemic, not one of 1.8 million children in Sweden died from Covid. (IIRC, less than ten were hospitalized.) In the same study, teachers were found to be no more susceptible to contracting Covid than other professions were. Neither children nor teachers apparently wore masks either. Kulldorff also noted an Icelandic study that found that parents were more likely to spread Covid to children than the other way around.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In Sweden death stats:

2001 10.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2002 10.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2003 10.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2004 10.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2005 10.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2006 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2007 10.0 died of 1000 Swedes
2008 9.9 died of 1000 Swedes
2009 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2010 9.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2011 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes
2012 9.7 died of 1000 Swedes
2013 9.4 died of 1000 Swedes
2014 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2015 9.3 died of 1000 Swedes
2016 9.2 died of 1000 Swedes
2017 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2018 9.1 died of 1000 Swedes
2019 8.6 died of 1000 Swedes
2020 9.5 died of 1000 Swedes

Example: 2002 10.6 of 1000 Swedes died
Pandemic 2020 9.5 of 1000 Swedes died.
[URLunfurl="true"]https://nyadagbladet.se/analys/pandemioverdrifterna-ar-ett-statistiskt-faktum/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pandemioverdrifterna-ar-ett-statistiskt-faktum[/URL]
It's COVID BS, you know...

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of children, Dr. Martin Kulldorff, a Swedish-born academic at Harvard, mentioned a study that found that despite allowing children aged 1-15 to remain in daycare and school during the height of the pandemic, not one of 1.8 million children in Sweden died from Covid. (IIRC, less than ten were hospitalized.) In the same study, teachers were found to be no more susceptible to contracting Covid than other professions were. Neither children nor teachers apparently wore masks either. Kulldorff also noted an Icelandic study that found that parents were more likely to spread Covid to children than the other way around.
Which variant in circulation in this study?

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Which variant in circulation in this study?
Who knows. It's obvious this nonsense is an overreaction to a flu strain.
Thank God Afghanistan has taken over the Covid nonsense with the MSM ( have you noticed? ), maybe we can move forward...except ANZAC of course...