Courts-martial records online

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Canadian Research Knowledge Network is putting up a ton of digitized records onto their website at

A lot of it predates the Second World War, but there is some interesting reading in the scanned microfilm rolls of Second World War courts-martial cases:

Sad reading most of it, as the defendants played up their disadvantages while forming a defence for such things as desertion, absent without leave, and self-inflicted wounds.

A not atypical charge sheet:

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FU was my favorite two words when I came back from Vietnam, but I never said it to an officer.. well maybe once on the telephone.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FU was my favorite two words when I came back from Vietnam, but I never said it to an officer.. well maybe once on the telephone.
FTA was a similar refrain back in the 60's early 70's though one could always say it stood for the then current Army slogan Fun, Travel and Adventure!:sneaky:

BTW, if you ever read the U.S. Army's Black Book on the Korean War "South to the Naktong, North to the Yalu", The footnotes are replete with notations such as U.S. Army vs Sergeant/Lieutenant so and so. One can always reference these through the U.S. Army's CMH or the National Archives.
  • [Not my cup of tea to actually follow up on as these people were usually in extreme circumstances and often there were no real good answers/actions to be taken]