Couple of BFP questions

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I have not been too active with ASL in 2010-2017, and now I’m getting back at it. I have acquired most of the BFP things and I have a couple of questions when I’m sorting my stuff for play.

The only thing I purchased in 2009/10 from BFP was Blood and Jungle, hence I have the new versions of everything else. How big is the difference to the new B&J printing currently on sale? Am I ok without the new version? Is there a list of differences available someplace?

The BFP scenarios start at BFP14, and the last one I have is 149 from PiF. What is the deal on numbers 1-13? I have the Hell On Wheels released about 20 years ago before Chas worked with HoB for a while. Are those the first 13 in the sequence or am I missing something?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The BFP 1-13 were in the Hell On Wheels pack, as you correctly deduced. BFP had a brief solo existence back then but the people behind that teamed up with Heat Of Battle (I don't know the details). Many years later HoB started to loose steam and BFP (version 2, the current crew) emerged. Like you, I was fortunate enough to get HoW from my then ASL supplier. I doubt that it will be reissued as some have appeared elsewhere (Annual, Journal? can't remember).

As for B&J, everything that is in B&J v1 is in the current B&J, though there is likely some corrections/errata incorporated. I have 2 copies of the original B&J and felt absolutely no urge to get the current one. Check BFP's website for errata. So I would advise against getting it again, unless you want duplicates of the boards or counters.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thanks. Neither BFP website or Desperation Morale website give any reason to believe there is any major differences in the B&J I have and the currently sold version so I’m happy as is.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. Neither BFP website or Desperation Morale website give any reason to believe there is any major differences in the B&J I have and the currently sold version so I’m happy as is.
Paul has outlined it correctly. The Revised edition of B&J (B&J v2, however you want to describe it) was done primarily to get B&J back in stock. In the process we took the opportunity to correct any noted errata and adjust a few scenarios that showed some balance issues. Other than that this revised version is the same as v1.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
In the process we took the opportunity to correct any noted errata and adjust a few scenarios that showed some balance issues.
Thanks for the info! Can I find a list what was changed somewhere?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info! Can I find a list what was changed somewhere?
All errata updates incorporated are reflected in the notes on the Support page at the BFP website. I'll have to get back with you on the scenario changes.