Counting counter clipping

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So the 2mm Deluxe came and it is wonderful. I now cringe and my counters with imperfect dimensions. I may need to reorder a copy of everything.

dpabrams77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only heathens play with unclipped counters. If you're not going to clip them, you may as well store them in Plano too. :facepalm: -- jim
I do not clip counters period! I preserve them under glass, frame and display them..................dah!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I do not clip counters period! I preserve them under glass, frame and display them..................dah!
Almost as bad. They should be stored in Raaco and played with. That is their purpose. To not play with them is to insult them. Why do you hate ASL? :cry:-- jim

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Almost as bad. They should be stored in Raaco and played with. That is their purpose. To not play with them is to insult them. Why do you hate ASL? :cry:-- jim
Even I use my counters!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So the 2mm Deluxe came and it is wonderful. I now cringe and my counters with imperfect dimensions. I may need to reorder a copy of everything.
This is why I say:

Before you EVER start clipping counters, make absolutely sure that you will do it the perfect way because otherwise, it will always gnaw at you that you haven't. Same with counter storage. Otherwise you'll eventually pay in time, money, or both. ;)

von Marwitz

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
This is why I say:

Before you EVER start clipping counters, make absolutely sure that you will do it the perfect way because otherwise, it will always gnaw at you that you haven't. Same with counter storage. Otherwise you'll eventually pay in time, money, or both. ;)

von Marwitz
I just bought an Oregon clipper. I've done thousands with nail clippers. Doesn't gnaw at me one bit. I've got many many hundreds of hours of fun out of those counters.

As for organizing counters, I've done that like five times. It's like a bonus hobby!

dpabrams77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is why I say:

von Marwitz
They make medicine for this.:)

dpabrams77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There should be a sticky thread called "Counter Culture" or better yet a reality show. Ultimately the stars are hospitalized, jailed or medicated for their various psychiatric disorders, deviant behaviors and crimes.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Here is my non clipping player's take on 2mm vs 2.5mm aesthetics. Use the 2mm for the 1/2" and the 2.5mm for the 5/8", that way the corners are more in proportion to the pieces.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Make sure that you order the Deluxe version.
The normal one maimed some of my counters.
Agreed. The deluxe is the way to go. Though I really do not want to start clipping ASL counters. There are just so many that would need caught up on..... YIKESo_O

Peace

Roger

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Agreed. The deluxe is the way to go. Though I really do not want to start clipping ASL counters. There are just so many that would need caught up on..... YIKESo_O

Peace

Roger
What do you think I have been doing for the last four years!