Counting counter clipping

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I preferred the look of the 2mm (on the Youtube video I saw). From the comments on the same video it looks like a lot of people like the 2.5mm.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oh well, I ordered the 2.5mm, let's see how that comes out.

Have never clipped before.

I think I'm going to be busy for the next 50 years with my ASL set.

Mocking up some digital 1/2" and 5/8" counters and then clipping the corners, it appears the smaller counters look better with the 2mm corner and larger counters with the larger 2.5mm corners.

I guess it just comes down to aesthetics and personal preference.

EDIT: Managed to change the order to the 2mm after watching the video of the 2mm v 2.5mm comparison. The 1/2" counters with the 2.5mm corners looked a little bit too rounded for my liking, but the 5/8" counters were OK with the 2mm corners, maybe a little bit scant, but OK.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
SERIOUSLY??? 68 corners a minute??

I usually clip while watching dvds on my computer.
Seriously! How the hell do you think I have managed to clip over 300,000 counters in under 3 years..... oh and the impact of that is three ops one for trigger thumb- the one that moves the counter on the cutter and two carpul tunnel ops, one per wrist,

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So, what size do people use, the 2.0 or 2.5m radius?
Again, I still don't have'em but I "researched" them.
IMHO 2.0mm is the better choice except if you like accentuated corners. I prefer to look more "square" rather than "round". If that's your style, too, then take 2.0mm.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Seriously! How the hell do you think I have managed to clip over 300,000 counters in under 3 years..... oh and the impact of that is three ops one for trigger thumb- the one that moves the counter on the cutter and two carpul tunnel ops, one per wrist,
Seriously, the man has fingers that makes Schwarzenegger's upper arms in his best years appear like quick matches... :cool:

von Marwitz

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use 2mm on 1/2” and 3mm on the 5/8”, but most use the 2.5 on all counters.
Olli can you post a pic of a 5/8" counter clipped using the 3mm please? Was going to go with the 2mm and 3mm respectively but I'm just concerned that the 3 might be too much for my liking- thanx in advance

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Pics will not let ad here , send me your email address and I will send s pic ok.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Only heathens play with unclipped counters. If you're not going to clip them, you may as well store them in Plano too. :facepalm: -- jim