The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Just for fun.
I punched out and clipped the 1784 counters of Forgotten War.
That is 7136 clips with my sturdy deluxe Oregon counter clipper.
And I think that I still have a life... :cool:

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have just ordered an Oregon clipper in preparation for Forgotten War. I still have many I have not got to in my current collection. I tried the C4 and once you get a in a groove it can go fast, but I am not really good with fiddly things. The Oregon looks more like something I can handle, even if it does get tiring.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have just ordered an Oregon clipper in preparation for Forgotten War. I still have many I have not got to in my current collection. I tried the C4 and once you get a in a groove it can go fast, but I am not really good with fiddly things. The Oregon looks more like something I can handle, even if it does get tiring.
Easy to use and you can get quite a few done at one sitting. I was asked s few weeks back at my clipping rate and can do 17 counters a minute with the OLC clippers

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Easy to use and you can get quite a few done at one sitting. I was asked s few weeks back at my clipping rate and can do 17 counters a minute with the OLC clippers
Damn! That's friggin fast by the videos I saw showing the use of these.

von Marwitz

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

SERIOUSLY??? 68 corners a minute??

I usually clip while watching dvds on my computer.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I use the Oregon clipper, too. It's well made and clips a near perfect corner every time. I only clip the counters I need to use even though each of the tray tops are full of clipped counters. Under those I have a few more hours worth of clipping I guess, but only when require.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
SERIOUSLY??? 68 corners a minute??
Don't forget that on top of that he needs to clear the clipped counters and grab & set new ones into the clipper.

I am telling you:
This man is a beast!

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Make sure that you order the Deluxe version.
The normal one maimed some of my counters.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Agree. I don't have any Oregon clipper (yet) but I "researched" them and have heard about reports stating the same as Swiftandsure.

von Marwitz

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Because I'm getting back into ASL, this weekend I took all the BV counters out of baggies and sorted into Planos. I didn't clip corners, I trimmed the little nubs on each counter. Good thing my wife was way on a trip because I used the "good" finger nail clippers. :D. Some of the German counter printing was way offset from center. :mad:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I spread my clipped corners on the earth in my garden, where a rosemary is growing.
That way, when I use some of that herb for my bbq or other recipes, I take some ASL with me.

Last edited:

Bartleby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So my heart sank when I read this as my order is already in the mail. I went to double check what I ordered and thankfully I did order the Deluxe version. I chose the model from some great YouTube videos.