counters from TV series "Combat!"

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Being a squid at heart I was very fond of McHale's Navy. Ernest Borgnine! Tim Conway! Tim was a local boy from Cuyahoga Falls. The stuff that induces you to join a particular branch of the military. Lol.🙄
Tim's skit as a dentist who keeps accidentally injecting himself with novocaine is hilarious!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Being a squid at heart I was very fond of McHale's Navy. Ernest Borgnine! Tim Conway! Tim was a local boy from Cuyahoga Falls. The stuff that induces you to join a particular branch of the military. Lol.🙄
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea a really big influence. Oddly the view from inside the sub I was on was not up to that of the Seaview.

chief2000

Reaction score

Chagrin Falls?
Is that where you're from? Yes, I loved McHale's Navy too. I will never forget that first season's episode in which Ensign Parker notices another PT boat tied up along the 73 at Taratupa and comments about the young ensign with the Boston accent (does an impression of JFK at that point) who is the skipper of the PT 109. Didn't you love it when they transferred to the Med?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Is that where you're from? Yes, I loved McHale's Navy too. I will never forget that first season's episode in which Ensign Parker notices another PT boat tied up along the 73 at Taratupa and comments about the young ensign with the Boston accent (does an impression of JFK at that point) who is the skipper of the PT 109. Didn't you love it when they transferred to the Med?
He was born in Willoughby and I spent most of my youth in nearby Eastlake. I can't remember the specifics of the episodes but really enjoyed them.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Right - "Anatomy of a Patrol." Unlike a lot of guest stars portraying Germans, Caan's accent is pretty credible. What sometimes gets on my nerves is the references to Wehrmacht captains as Kapitän instead of Hauptmann or Korporal instead of Feldwebel/Unteroffizier. There are some well-known native speakers like Paul Busch (the German most likely to be mown down) and Hans Gudegast (Erich Braeden). There's another regular German native too but I can't recall his name.

Horst Ebersberg 1st German 9 ep. or Kurt Landen 1st German Sgt 8 ep. ?

chief2000

Reaction score
No, it was Sasha Harden. He also played in a few Twelve O'Clock High episodes too.

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ever watch the Combat spin off show Garrison's Guerrillas? As a kid I loved that every other episode at a milk delivery truck that would be painted up German one week and FFI another.