Counterbattery Fire

Maedhros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have rules for counterbattery fire been developed by MMP/HOB/SP/CH?

I ask because in a campaign game setting, it would seem that suppressing one's opponent's artillery might be just as useful as dropping one's own artillery on-map.

If no such rules have been developed, perhaps we should pool our collective knowledge and brainstorm them...

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are some rules like this in Blood Reef: Tarawa. As long as the Japanese shore batteries are functioning they limit the amount of Naval Arty available... It's been a long time, I may have some of the details wrong. (like I gave you any details...)

Sam

Strabo

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'll swear I've seen some rules for counterbattery fire. But I can't find them. They might have been in one of the VFTTs.

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some counterbattery stuff in OtO. Available only by HSR or RG purchase. Can't put any counters out on the board, purely for suppressing enemy OBA.

In BRT, certain Japanese guns affect the chit pool for the NOBA. A 8" gun adds an extra red card and subtracts one black card. The 120L, 140L and suchlike have similar but lesser effects.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SL/COI/COD/GI had counterbattery missions I think.

Maedhros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB said:
There are some rules like this in Blood Reef: Tarawa. As long as the Japanese shore batteries are functioning they limit the amount of Naval Arty available... It's been a long time, I may have some of the details wrong. (like I gave you any details...)

Sam
Yes, but that's pretty specific to the Betio situation. I was thinking more along the lines of Anzio, where there was a lot of artillery dueling...

Maedhros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tork said:
Some counterbattery stuff in OtO. Available only by HSR or RG purchase. Can't put any counters out on the board, purely for suppressing enemy OBA.

In BRT, certain Japanese guns affect the chit pool for the NOBA. A 8" gun adds an extra red card and subtracts one black card. The 120L, 140L and suchlike have similar but lesser effects.
I've played some of the scenarios from OtO, but haven't read the CG rules. I'll check it out.