Counter Values for KASL Squads Known?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is anyone aware of (a) whether there will be new British/Commonwealth counters for the MMP KASL module and (b) if so, what the values will be for those squads/half squads? (I ran across a Malayan Emergency battle that is at ASL scale and, given the time period, I was wondering whether KASL counter values might be a better fit for the British forces in the battle.)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Full disclosure, I am part of the KWASL design team.

There are no 'new' British counters to come with KWASL [EXC: 41 Commando, Royal Marines], the Brits/Commonwealth use the same countermix as WWII [EXC: Canadians will have Assault Fire].

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

There are no 'new' British counters to come with KWASL [EXC: 41 Commando, Royal Marines], the Brits/Commonwealth use the same countermix as WWII [EXC: Canadians will have Assault Fire].

Thanks Andy.

Now to wait until this KWASL project is printed.....

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Even a look at the typical squad weapons for a WW2 and KW British/Commonwealth unit, and you'll see little difference.

Only exceptions are the Canadian squads which were partially armed with US weapons (with BARs) and maybe Australian squads issued with extra Owen guns.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks, Justiciar. I knew that the British continued to use a lot of WWII equipment into the '60s and beyond (the book mentions British forces having their Bren LMGs replaced during the Indonesian Confrontation in 1966-67), but I wasn't sure whether there were any doctrinal changes or other abstract factors that might have led to a reevaluation of British squad values in the near post-WWII era.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Justiciar. I knew that the British continued to use a lot of WWII equipment into the '60s and beyond (the book mentions British forces having their Bren LMGs replaced during the Indonesian Confrontation in 1966-67), but I wasn't sure whether there were any doctrinal changes or other abstract factors that might have led to a reevaluation of British squad values in the near post-WWII era.
From what I have read, the British kept the same weapons for the British units, but they relied on the other Commonwealth nations to keep their units supplied; Canadian Brigade, Austtralian Brigade (with NZ Artillery BN) and the British Brigade (who had many units from the Asia-Pacific area inside of it). The Divisional HQs was British Royal Army, but the staff was filled out by integrating the Commonwealth Nations into the different support positions.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is another project I'm anxiously awaiting.

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So pleased to hear some news on this project. Looking forward to this very much

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully this KWASL item is published in the next three years......

Orotna
Red October
KWASL

In that order for HASLs, as well as the "Rising Sun", DTO "Hollow Legions", "Hakka Paale", "Yanks" and "Croix de Guerre" should be the core module schedule as well......

samwat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why do BARs provide Assault Fire, but Brens don't? BARs plus Garands OK, but one (or two) BARs plus Lee-Enfields?

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Shouldn't it be KPAASL? Korean Police Action Advanced Squad Leader?

Sorry, I'm just stirring the Yanks!
Hayman

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We could call it the "Tie" ASL module because no one really outright WON.....
I'm always annoyed at people saying the Korean War was a "tie." The North Koreans completely failed to achieve their objectives in starting the war, i.e., their self-defined VC was, "DPRK wins if at the end of the game there are no good order ROK or American units on the map," and they didn't achieve it. That's a "loss" for the DPRK and thus a "win" for their opponents.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hopefully this KWASL item is published in the next three years......

Orotna
Red October
KWASL

In that order for HASLs, as well as the "Rising Sun", DTO "Hollow Legions", "Hakka Paale", "Yanks" and "Croix de Guerre" should be the core module schedule as well......
How about Manila, Rotterdam, Ponyri.