Michael
Country
llUnited States

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been using, lately, a small Flambeau brand container, the 3003H Tuff 'Tainer (like the one Don saw), which has worked really great, because I can get my entire ASL travel kit into a carry-on bag. Each container has 18 slots.

Here's the breakup:

German 1 (all 1/2" counters and Guns)
German 2 (all vehicles)
Russian 1 & 2 (same as above)
American 1 & 2 (same as above)
British 1 & 2 (same as above)
Allied Minor
Axis Minor
Italian
Japanese
Chinese
French

The containers are small enough that they are easy to keep on the game table but not be in the way.

Also, I have have two slightly larger containers that have removeable lids for the game markers.

Last edited:

AGKurland

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Trojan Games

Don Maddox posted a note about this store recently, but when I do a web search I get a very different type of website.

Does anyone have a phone number or website for this store?

sdkfz

Reaction score
First name
Rowland
Country
llUnited States
Plano 3701

I use the above mentioned 3701's exclusivley, being both red/green and blue/green color blind I have had to resort to a somewhat more 'anal' counter sort. An example of my color blindness impairment is flashing yellow or red stop lights, until I am close enough to see which light it is I treat all as red. Back when I was in the Boston area they really messed me up cause there would be only a single light at some of the wierd five streets coming together intersections. I basically needed to 'learn' what the light was. Anyway.....

My set up is in Word and is available should anyone want.

To stop under teh divider counter creep I use flat toothpick ends in the divider support grooves, this is cheap and both permanent enough for long term use and temporary should I need to change the bin size. To stop over the top creep I use two pieces of regular legal size paper glued together with Rubber Cement. The 'outside' has the label for the contents in the general sense and the 'inside' has a Word table for the bin by bin details. Only a minor edge trim and two notches for the lid are needed for a perfect fit.

Informational counters are in their own boxes, Infantry, Armor, Urban and Rural.

Infantry are basically SMC, Crews and then the MMC in order of elite to conscript. I keep full and half squads togther. Also the infantry weapons are in the same box.

Armor is basically in order of Chapter H and then as counter counts dictate so some of the more popular vehicles (German Pz IV's and HT's for ex) are broken out a bit.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See the counter storage section of the ASL museum: http://www.desperationmorale.com/museum/aslmuseum-counters.html

I just got some RAACOs and am interested in trying them out.

I say "ridiculous!" to those people who use a ton of planos or any type of container. The goal should be to be as compact and lightweight as possible!

However, I am waiting for someone to actually design a counter storage tray specifically for ASL: http://www.emachineshop.com

Go for it!

Carl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a guy at DonCon back in about '97 or so that carried his counters in a KGP box. Same thought as a garbage bag. Again, one of those people that see the forest ... time is better spent just playing than worrying about optimum counter storage (or posting on forums.)

Carl

da priest

Reaction score
Carl said:
There was a guy at DonCon back in about '97 or so that carried his counters in a KGP box. Same thought as a garbage bag. Again, one of those people that see the forest ... time is better spent just playing than worrying about optimum counter storage (or posting on forums.)

Carl
Now, Carl, quit pickin' on the O-C(obsessive-compulsive) guys. :surprise: It is a complete hobby for some remember, not just play some games, go home and forget it, until you can set-up another match.