Counter OCD

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All....

I've FINALLY finished counting every-last-FRAKKIN'-counter I have for ASL Nationalities...

The Admin counters... "Fer-git-abut-countin'-'em".... Too many to even start.

But I have over 9275 Blue German Army (AH/MMP/BFP/HoB/CH/Whoever else) counters, 1689 Blue SS, 214 Spanish (Azul/Condor Legion) and 42 German Marines (Kustenjaegers from HoB); all of these are just the MMCs. The HSs, Crews, Leaders and Heroes to follow (in about a day, week, month or so...).

Yup, enough time spent that my head REALLY hurts and I need a LARGE drink....

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Lol, I have they same feeling I have been counting all mine whilst clipping them........Not quite finished the home set yet, after almost 3 years. Only approx 12,000 US MMC's to go now.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Funny. Incidentally, as I am moving my stuff to RAACO, which is much more work than I anticipated (and I have anticipated quite some...), I was wondering just yesterday night, how many counters are part of a "Standard"-OoB, i.e. all Core Modules.

Does anyone have an idea?
Might there even be a list? (Aww, this sounds so RSD-trollish... Believe me though, I do not want you to waste your time nor waste mine but simply find out if anyone happens to know something in that line without putting effort into it.)

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am definitely not counting them for you, but the Texas ASL group has complete (I believe) Armory files in their Download section, so you could get totals easily from there. The answer is "lots".

Alternately, MMP boxes indicate numbers of counters, so if you have kept all boxes, it's just a small sum away :)

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The loss of a single counter is a tragedy, the loss of a whole module is just a statistic.
I had a roommate (Laura) back in the early 90's who admitted she vacuumed up a ""piece from that game you play". 25 years on I still wonder what it was...I like to think it was just an admin counter. But it definitely qualified as a "tragedy" for a number of years.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a roommate (Laura) back in the early 90's who admitted she vacuumed up a ""piece from that game you play". 25 years on I still wonder what it was...I like to think it was just an admin counter. But it definitely qualified as a "tragedy" for a number of years.

Do not fall for such Jedi mind tricks... That was a test.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Great, now I'm freaked out to. What was it!?!?!? Nightmares... Your right,let's just pretend it was a prep fire marker so we don't have to think about it anymore.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Great, now I'm freaked out to. What was it!?!?!? Nightmares... Your right,let's just pretend it was a prep fire marker so we don't have to think about it anymore.
Do you have a separate garbage bag for your informational counters?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
How Many counters does the Pope have?
A half dozen 3(9)-2-9. High morale, low 3 FP with short range, but with a CC value of 9, those pikes are murderous in a melee.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
SSR:
Squads can never get Concealment or HIP, but Leaders always get Winter Camouflage.

G
SSR: MMC can never get Concealment or HIP [EXC: in a carnival or circus location], but Leaders always get Winter Camouflage.

SSR2: The Leader can call for air support after rolling a 6 on 6 D6 DR (IE 6 x 1 or treble snakes) during his rally phase. Such an air support attack attacks any number of hexes the Papal player desires with a 200 (36 FP), no DRMs apply. No spotting attempt required, no LOS needed and such air support is immune to both AA fire and enemy aircraft. The Papal player may use his air attack during any phase after the Rally Phase in that Papal player's turn or the next enemy player's turn. Each air support request pins the Leader counter during his movement phase (he can still advance on his knees). In the same turn he is considered concealed unless ADJACENT to an enemy unit (low profile target).

I wonder should the Swiss Guard be considered to be Striped like the Japanese?
Then there are the Jesuits who might be regarded as always Stealthy, get a +1 DRM at night (night version of Winter Camouflage) and benefits for interrogation.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Need an SSR for when the opponent rolls 666 as well :)
Given that the war was started by Uncle Adolph, we may assume that 666 has been rolled before every scenario. (also 555, Uncle Joe)