Counter compatability

treaux1946

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Noob here so if this has been answered sorry. Are the counters from Squad Leader and its brothers, ASL and its brothers and ASLSK interchangeable. I also ask if Panzer Leader an Panzer Blitz are compatable and interchangeable. TIA Joe

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Are the counters from Squad Leader and its brothers, ASL and its brothers and ASLSK interchangeable. I also ask if Panzer Leader an Panzer Blitz are compatable and interchangeable.
Squad Leader & ASL are not compatible. The game system changed fundamentally. The counters for ASLSK are the same ones used for ASL, but in ASLSK some ASL characteristics are ignored. Some counters in ASL are not used in ASLSK, so in that sense some counters are "incompatible." As I recall the counters for Panzer Blitz and Panzer Leader were the same, but it's been a long time since I looked at them.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The old PB and PL counters differ to some degree. Vehicular and gun counters are usually interchangeable, but infantry don't match to the same degree, usually range is different. The mechanics and tables however are basically the same, more verbiage and rules in PL than the earlier PB. With a little mental allowance I had no problem combining the two.

PB v2 is a very different system to the earlier PB/PL.