CORREGIDOR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Appreciate it guys. We took definite critique from Schmidt and tried a different set of print criteria for Corrs with our printer. Call it trial and error, but if there are additional/other things we need to try in order the make the next product even better, we're all ears.
I guess it is always difficult to make things happen and to make the printers understand in what way exactly players think their product best. Maybe showing them one of the old RB-maps (which paper- and non-glare wise I still think to be among the best) as a reference to compare with another one (extreme glare, paper creasing at the folding edges etc.) might give them a better picture. But probably that is standard operating procedure for you guys anyway.

von Marwitz

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reminds me I need to take a big batch of CG maps and get them laminated someday soon. Solves a lot of these issues and gives me peace of mind.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reminds me I need to take a big batch of CG maps and get them laminated someday soon. Solves a lot of these issues and gives me peace of mind.
I laminate all of my boards regardless. I've invested WAY too much in ASL to have it ruined by the errant spilled soda, let alone a torn or worn corner.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got my copy and laid out the map. Lots of the roofless buildings look like they are wooden. Is that the case?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got my copy and laid out the map. Lots of the roofless buildings look like they are wooden. Is that the case?
Nope, they're all stone. I did insert wooden debris on top of the roofless building artwork to add some more detail, but each building on the map is stone.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope, they're all stone. I did insert wooden debris on top of the roofless building artwork to add some more detail, but each building on the map is stone.
That's what I thought but the color contrast between roofless buildings and printed stone rubble was dramatic.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't even unfolded mine and it looks like there is an issue on the map fold. I am not complaining or asking BFP to do anything, but informing others so they can plan on getting their map laminated ASAP if they plan on using this a lot.

For me, the first time it will be unfolded will be the time the lamination shop measures it. Hopefully that will be the only time.

Attachments

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't even unfolded mine and it looks like there is an issue on the map fold. I am not complaining or asking BFP to do anything, but informing others so they can plan on getting their map laminated ASAP if they plan on using this a lot.

For me, the first time it will be unfolded will be the time the lamination shop measures it. Hopefully that will be the only time.
I didn't see that kind of wear when I opened mine up. Looks like yours might have gotten roughed up in shipping. We can get those replaced for you, Will.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't see that kind of wear when I opened mine up. Looks like yours might have gotten roughed up in shipping. We can get those replaced for you, Will.
Absolutely no need that I can see for that right now and shipping to SG is a bitch.

I will get them laminated in the next 6 months or so and that should be fine even if there is a white line across some sections. I am not letting my friends unfold the map to see it in its glory until I get that lamination done. VASL module is available (thanks to you guys), so no need for the real map right now as my FtF opponent is extremely busy these days.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the promo Jackson. I assume the standard compensatory fee is required. :)
Oh heck, we do things ASL style (first couple of times for free ..).

But seriously though - I am well and truly impressed. I am sure a lot of folks here feel the same, it's just that they are more reserved you know? Being Americans, Europeans & all ...

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got the map laminated and explained the one crease that had wear and they were able to get it laminated pretty well. You can still see it, but only if you know it is there already.

Map looks great and can't wait to get some counters between myself and the Smeelander. Hopefully the dice will continue their kindness to mere mortals in ASL.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Someone better at this than I am can show a nicer laminated map, but here is how mine came out (at a request). The smaller one (as in fewer hexes) shows the crease (around KK2) were it was the worst. Came out pretty well and thanks for BFP for what I expect will be a worthwhile investment for me.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
@ASLSARGE

What do you say if we do a Asia Pac ASL Open at Corregidor where all rounds depict scenarios from the pack AND you take folks around on a Corregidor tour pointing out different battlefield features & battle stories and explain how that translates into the various aspects of the game?

I think this thing will fly with most folks here ....

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@ASLSARGE

What do you say if we do a Asia Pac ASL Open at Corregidor where all rounds depict scenarios from the pack AND you take folks around on a Corregidor tour pointing out different battlefield features & battle stories and explain how that translates into the various aspects of the game?

I think this thing will fly with most folks here ....
That does sound cool.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would be nice. We could dig for any dead bodies still not found in the jungle in our spare time. Perhaps Jackson has a few new ones to 'add' to the jungle as well. :)

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How do you store those large laminated maps?

I've been having copies of my HASL maps made, printed on heavy paper, but I find it difficult to store them flat. I tried buying the largest art drawing folder I could find, but even then some of the maps are too big for it (and don't even get me started on the OtO map - way too long).

Status
Not open for further replies.