Corregidor: the Rock Errata

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the Random Selection result is a tie, is the wind coming from both directions?

JR
That means a series of tornados has struck the island and everybody is dead....or else you had one too many glasses of scotch prior to rolling the dice.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Infortunately, there is a bigger mistake in the example of the Paradrop Player Aid: after the drift DR 6,3 the Final Drop Point should be T18 (not R18) since there is a Mild Breeze from SW, not SE.
Otherwise, if this example is right, then the second example of section 8.10 is wrong.

Furthermore, in the example of the Paradrop Player Aid, it is said that if chute lands adjacent to two jungle hexes, it must take two 1MC's. Is it right?
If yes, it is very severe.
When I read section 8.8 Landing / Injuries, it is not obvious there is a MC per adjacent hex.

I expect clarification about these points.
Thanks.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Infortunately, there is a bigger mistake in the example of the Paradrop Player Aid: after the drift DR 6,3 the Final Drop Point should be T18 (not R18) since there is a Mild Breeze from SW, not SE.
Otherwise, if this example is right, then the second example of section 8.10 is wrong.

Furthermore, in the example of the Paradrop Player Aid, it is said that if chute lands adjacent to two jungle hexes, it must take two 1MC's. Is it right?
If yes, it is very severe.
When I read section 8.8 Landing / Injuries, it is not obvious there is a MC per adjacent hex.

I expect clarification about these points.
Thanks.
Good catch on the Player Aid. Four proof readers (including me) missed it. Rick will have sticky errata for this soon.
For every adjacent hex with jungle, jungle-road, brush, or building/rubble a NMC (or 1MC or 2MC) is taken. Yes, very severe.....done intentionally to reflect the very high number of injuries that happened in this para drop. 25% losses and up to 50% Broken squads after landing are not uncommon in this game.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, the Player Aid is correct. It is the second half of example 2 in section 8.10 that is incorrect. The example should state, "EX: The Initial Drop Point is NN25 as in the above example. This time the Initial Drop Point is not achieved. The DR to determine the actual Drop Point is CRD=1, WDR=2. Large chute A is placed in hex NN23. Place large chute B (and the small chute) in MM22, and large chute C in OO23 to correspond with the prevailing wind. Each chute counter is now moved four hexes (heavy winds) in the direction of error so that chute A is placed in NN19, chute B and the small chute are placed in MM18, and chute C is placed in OO19. Each chute counter is now in their Drop Point hexes. Each large chute now makes a DR to determine the final landing hexes. The DR's are as follows; A) 6,2, B) 4,3, C) 1,4. The small chute counter does not make this DR. Instead it is simply moved downwind four hexes (heavy winds) to hex UU26. Chute A goes to LL18, B goes to MM21, and C goes to OO15. All chutes are now in their Final Landing hexes."

I'll be posting sticky errata for it shortly.

On the severity of the MC on landing, we are trying to reflect the fact that upwards of 70% of the landing force were casualties on the drop. Those guys that were landing next to wooded areas were essentially landing on punji sticks.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
In Ctr-17 Clearing the Badlands VCs, can the 25 VPs of units exiting off the West edge exit off A22-K31? That is, do the diagonal hexes and K29-31 serve as "West Edge"?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Ctr-17 Clearing the Badlands VCs, can the 25 VPs of units exiting off the West edge exit off A22-K31? That is, do the diagonal hexes and K29-31 serve as "West Edge"?
No. The hexes on the diagonal represent the edge of a 500 cliff and therefore a 'hard boundary'.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
C:tR CG Rules Errata
Japanese Reinforcement Group Chart (pg.19), modify I3 and I5 Full/Depleted nomenclature to align with rule 12.5184. I3 should be “6-5/4-3”. I5 should be “3-2/2-1”.
Is this erratum only intended for the position of the slash or also for the number of squads in RG I3?
In my Corregidor rules, the number of squads for this RG is 6-4/5-3.
What are the right values?
Thanks.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this erratum only intended for the position of the slash or also for the number of squads in RG I3?
In my Corregidor rules, the number of squads for this RG is 6-4/5-3.
What are the right values?
Thanks.
What we are trying to state is that for the I3 RG, for the 3-4-7 squad type you get 6 squads for full and 5 squads if depleted. For the 3-3-7, you get 4 squads for full and 3 squads if depleted. Same approach applies for the I5 RG.

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A minor clarification. In the C:tR 2.513 b) Immobilization Repair Table, the Armor leader drm is "-x". I assume the drm should be "+x".

CaptCaveman

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I have an additional question re: air drops. Just played scenario 4 and this came up: in 8.3 the description for drop points says:

If the dr is <= 3, the Drop Point is used.
There's no further discussion of how the large parachute counter moves in this case.

But on the Paradrop Player Aid, it reaffirms the above but then under Movement Phase it says:

If the Initial Drop Point was used, move all chute counters downwind an additional number of hexes listed in the 8.3 chart.
I'm assuming the player aid is accurate (that's how we played) and that the rules omitted this important piece of information. Did we play it correctly?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have an additional question re: air drops. Just played scenario 4 and this came up: in 8.3 the description for drop points says:

There's no further discussion of how the large parachute counter moves in this case.

But on the Paradrop Player Aid, it reaffirms the above but then under Movement Phase it says:

I'm assuming the player aid is accurate (that's how we played) and that the rules omitted this important piece of information. Did we play it correctly?
We are actually missing an important word in the example. If the initial drop point is used, then Final Landing hexes for the large chutes are determined from this point. It is the small chutes that are simply moved downwind the number of hexes based on the 8.3 table. So in Movement phase, point 2, first sentence, the word 'small' should be inserted between 'all' and 'chute'.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I can see from discussion and aars that a landed parachute may take multiple MCs from landing next to bad terrain, but I can't find where this is spelt out in the rules. Does anyone have a reference please?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paradrop Player Aid, last example on back. See example for Chute A.