Corregidor - The big slaughter

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hiya Guys,

Playing the CG and having a blast but the casualties are unbelievable. So far (end of T4 date 1) I have lost 17x747, 6x227, 2x8-1, 2x8-0, 2xM1A1 guns and some small SWs. Does this reflect the reality?

About 2/3 of the losses are due to drifting off map, into the teeth of Japs defenses and while seeking cover while in Open. Rolled terribly I think 20% of all my drops hit the Initial landing hex and all other drifted far beyond the normal average hexes for drift.

I (the American side player) have managed to take 3 of the batteries, carve out some map edge entry hexes close to the battery Cheney (Both left and right side). I do not think they can be retaken in this CG date but two are weakly held by 1-2 squads and no leaders.

The Japanese losses are very light.

Thoughts..?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you planned your drop points too close to the map edges. I only had 1 drop point within 12 hexes of a map edge. From that drop point I only lost 1 squad to to off board drift. Did you land in Maggot Valley?

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hmm with missing initial landing hexes AND with high drifting # + added hexes for heavy winds 12 hexes was not enough for me.,.

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm having a hard time understanding this. You determine wind direction prior to placing your drop points so you can (somewhat) account for the drift.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
True BUT with the error of the ILH AND with high rolls AND add teh extra hexes of drift in both cases (if I remember correctly) ended me up with drifts in about 10-14 hexes at he end..

Furthermore the drop points must be 3 hexes away from each other (for all) so after T1 the area expands greatly on succeeding turns as the old must be avoided. So a drop point placed in T1 affects all other placements after that.

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Furthermore the drop points must be 3 hexes away from each other (for all) so after T1 the area expands greatly on succeeding turns as the old must be avoided. So a drop point placed in T1 affects all other placements after that.
Yep, that's how I played it. You must have had atrocious luck.

We will continue our game on Saturday. I've not had time to update my AAR but I'm looking forward to at least one more turn of 350 NOBA. It is the start of T6 with 50% chance of game ending this turn. I hope it goes long because I still need to inflict more CVP and the 350s are the best way to do it in this CG. It's like washing concrete with a power washer :love: