Correcting / Bringing Down an SR

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen:

Rule C1.341 states that a player may "replace the FFE:C counter with a SR, which he may also Correct (1.4) or leave in its present hex . . ."

Now the rules make clear that if you leave the SR in its present hex you can also bring down a new FFE:1 that same fire phase.

HOWEVER, if I replace an existing FFE:C with an SR and Correct that SR to a different hex, can I also bring down that (corrected) SR in the same Fire Phase?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Gentlemen:

Rule C1.341 states that a player may "replace the FFE:C counter with a SR, which he may also Correct (1.4) or leave in its present hex . . ."

Now the rules make clear that if you leave the SR in its present hex you can also bring down a new FFE:1 that same fire phase.
If you want to bring down an FFE:1 in the same place, you don't Convert the FFE:C to an SR - you Convert it to an FFE:1.

C1.342 If he currently has a LOS to the Base Level of the FFE:C’s hex, or to its Blast Height and any non-Aerial Location in/adjacent-to its hex that contains a Known (to him) enemy unit, he may Convert that FFE:C to a FFE:1 and leave it in that hex for resolution; or,

HOWEVER, if I replace an existing FFE:C with an SR and Correct that SR to a different hex, can I also bring down that (corrected) SR in the same Fire Phase?
An SR that is Converted from an FFE:C can only be left in place or Corrected - never also Converted to an FFE:1.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Klas,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

1 thing:

If I replace the FFC with an SR, why can't I correct it and bring it down? I can do that with a regular SR at the beginning of the PFPh, right?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If I replace the FFC with an SR, why can't I correct it and bring it down? I can do that with a regular SR at the beginning of the PFPh, right?
Short answer is because the rules don't allow it. :)

If you look in the OBA Flowchart in the Converting and/or Correcting SR "branch" you'll see that Conversion is NA if there is an FFE:C onboard - though, technically that is in error as the FFE:C would have been removed at this stage.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not sure if you're at cross purposes here. You can correct an SR and bring it down as an SR in the same phase. You cannot correct and convert to ffe:1 in the same phase.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Not sure if you're at cross purposes here. You can correct an SR and bring it down as an SR in the same phase. You cannot correct and convert to ffe:1 in the same phase.
You seem to have mis-typed something here. You can correct and convert an SR to an FFE:1 in one phase. You can't start with an FFE:C and end up with an FFE:1 in a different hex.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You seem to have mis-typed something here. You can correct and convert an SR to an FFE:1 in one phase. You can't start with an FFE:C and end up with an FFE:1 in a different hex.

JR
I was talking assuming it was from an ffe:c like the original.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Short answer is because the rules don't allow it. :)

If you look in the OBA Flowchart in the Converting and/or Correcting SR "branch" you'll see that Conversion is NA if there is an FFE:C onboard - though, technically that is in error as the FFE:C would have been removed at this stage.

Thank you again, Klas - this helps a lot! You're a real asset to the hobby, you know that?