Core Module Scenario Dependencies

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Entry for Armies of Oblivion has been updated to reflect the 2018 reprint.

The good news is that by including a fourth overlay sheet, MMP removed the need for any overlays not included in the box. The bad news is that because the Russian lend-lease and early war vehicles are now printed in Hakkaa Paalle, Hakkaa Paalle is now a dependency for several scenarios.

However, the picture looks a bit better if you happen to have the board bundle-- the board bundle alone opens up 20 of the 32 included scenarios.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Entry for Armies of Oblivion has been updated to reflect the 2018 reprint.
The good news is that by including a fourth overlay sheet, MMP removed the need for any overlays not included in the box.
Is that because they added more scenarios or was that true of the earlier reprint?
Does MMP make that 4th sheet available?

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that because they added more scenarios or was that true of the earlier reprint?
Does MMP make that 4th sheet available?
As best I can tell, no copy of Armies of Oblivion prior to 2018 has a 4th Overlay sheet. Any answer I give about MMPs motivations in including that extra sheet are inherently speculative, but I'd guess it was a cheap and easy way to make Armies of Oblivion a bit more accessible to newer players.

As of now, no overlay sheets are available as individual items from MMP.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Good news is that all the required board are available for purchase either in the map pack or individually
I see the first map pack is out and six individual maps are out for purchase.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True. And that can help resolve some of the stranger dependencies, for example boards 42 and 43. When MMP finally releases the overlay bundle, a lot of the issues will be completely resolved.
Thanks for this, I'll be referring to it often. But about the overlay bundle! That needs to happen.