Copy protection of Tacops 4 downloadable version

H3NAV

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I'm really interested in downloading Tacops4, but I don't fully understand how the copy-protection scheme is implemented (I just checked this thread:
http://forums.gamesquad.com/tacops/41401-digital-download-purchase-option-tacops4-now-available.html)

Does that mean that after downloading and installing Tacops4 I don't need a connection to the Battlefront license server any more (i.e., it's just an .exe that I can burn on a CD and run as often as I want, as long as the license agreements are fulfilled?) To be honest, I don't like those downloadable games that only work when both I _and_ the license server are online ...

Maybe somebody can clarify this issue and thus help Battlefront gain a new Tacops customer (=me) :halo:

Thanks for your replies.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You do not need to be connected as I understand it. MajorH will be along shortly to confirm.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is a guess, but an admittedly logical one.

If the game is from Battlefront, there is no reason to assume they will not be using an eLicense for that digital download. Businesses usually have one method, and they stick with it.

They use an eLicense with their other games.

Oops, I missed a detail, you are aware it's an eLicense. Forget this post :)

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The digital download purchase version of TacOps4 is not copy protected. Neither is the CDROM purchase version.

eLicenseing at Battlefront varies by title. The digital download version of TacOps4 does not use eLicensing, activation, or any other form of copy protection.

The TacOps4 digital customer ends up with an unprotected version of the game that can be burned to a personal backup CD with no additional "after purchase" installation password required, nor online checks nor activation.

There is no Internet activation, no disk protection, no serial number, no passwords, no network checks, and the CD does not need to be inserted in order to play ... nada, zip, nothing. Also, there is no Internet registration BS at the end of the install.

Not copy protected.
No Internet activation requirement.
Never phones home.
Cooperates with other running programs.
Does not install spyware.
Does not require CD insertion to play.
Does not search your personal LAN to see how many copies you are using.

Clear enuf? :)

Last edited:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The digital download purchase version of TacOps4 is not copy protected. Neither is the CDROM purchase version.

eLicenseing at Battlefront varies by title. The digital download version of TacOps4 does not use eLicensing, activation, or any other form of copy protection.

The TacOps4 digital customer ends up with an unprotected version of the game that can be burned to a personal backup CD with no additional "after purchase" installation password required, nor online checks nor activation.

There is no Internet activation, no disk protection, no serial number, no passwords, no network checks, and the CD does not need to be inserted in order to play ... nada, zip, nothing. Also, there is no Internet registration BS at the end of the install.

Not copy protected.
No Internet activation requirement.
Never phones home.
Cooperates with other running programs.
Does not install spyware.
Does not require CD insertion to play.
Does not search your personal LAN to see how many copies you are using.

Clear enuf? :)
Mind if we have you visit other wargaming producers and have you scream the last paragraph of your post till they crack and start using your method :)

Although I do support registered serial numbers.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To tell you how user friendly TacOps is.

The copy on my current computer got there from a backup of my files on an external hard drive, so no new install on this computer at all and hard drive at all.

No problems whatsever.