Conversations

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Two questions:
Is the old 50 ceiling for private messages still in force?
How does one delete private conversations?
Thanks!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I don't believe there is a limit on the number of conversations like there was with PMs. As for deleting them, I'll have to test that.

Someone start a conversation with me so I can do some tests. The subject isn't important.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It's pretty good news to hear that the limit is gone. Thanks :happy:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
And now i see that 'leave conversation' is the equivalent of 'delete conversation', so it works.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I replied to your conversation and then "left the conversation."

After someone leaves a conversation, I don't know if the other person can still see it or not. I think so unless they also leave.

So if I understand this correctly, you can leave a conversation with another member. But you can't unilaterally decide to delete the whole thing. To actually delete it, both people have to leave.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I left the conversation, so i don't see it anymore.
However, it is possible when leaving to select the option to receive further follow up messages from other participants to the conversation, as i understand.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
However, it is possible when leaving to select the option to receive further follow up messages from other participants to the conversation, as i understand.
True. But if both people have already left the conversation then you would have to start a new one. The great thing is you can have multiple conversations with the same person.

Something else people may not have noticed is that you can invite other people to join in conversations, meaning multiple people can participate. In effect, this creates a small, private forum.

You can also make conversations public and allow anyone to join. Many options compared to the old PM system.