Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It depends on your definition of a drone. This is from Quora but I have not attempted to verify it.

During WWII, remote-control technology was primarily used for the control of torpedoes and mines. The Germans developed the first operational remote-controlled tanks, which were used in the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. The Allies also used remotely-controlled bomb delivery systems, such as the "bat" and "azon" systems, to target enemy infrastructure. Additionally, both the Allies and the Axis powers experimented with remote-controlled aircraft, though these were not as extensively used in combat.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I know, I know, it is going to be Monday, but a Monday in the summer, fall, or winter? Any hint for these poor addicted?

David Goodwin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am thinking girls in shorts-shorts with Uzi, I worked with one of them in late 70's. She was scarry.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am thinking girls in shorts-shorts with Uzi, I worked with one of them in late 70's. She was scarry.
Mid-90s I was in Israel on holiday. We visited the West Wall at the beginning of Shabbat (Friday after sundown). I didn't go into the synagogue area, but wandered the plaza next to it. I saw a small group of young people (late teens/early 20s) standing around chatting etc. One young woman had an Uzi at her hip, hanging from her shoulder like a fashion accessory. Oi vey!