rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

I am getting ready to play Constant Sorrow (from the new SP pack).

Do the Free French have to pay non-qualied/captured used penalties for the American SW? I think it may only be for BAZ and MTR, but I am not certain.

I think I read that is how the ASLOK finals were played (that they had to pay the penalty for BAZ And MTR).

What about the tanks themselves?

Do the Free French Cower?

Thanks!

Peace

Roger

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
free french

Roger,
Nice seeing you at aslok.

Free french are described at the end of the british section of the nationality portion of CH A.

They do cower :crosseye: but I thought they otherwise used british rules (on HOB, etc...)

I missed any captured use penalties, :confused: surprised that they might be in there.

Paul

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi Paul!

Nice seeing you as well!

Anyway, I see nothing in A25 about the use of American SW (which is what the SW are in this scenario).

Also, where does it say they do not cower?

Thanks!

Peace

Roger

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
from the tome:

F.8 FREE FRENCH: Use British counters and rules for Free French Personnel [EXC: Free French squads have Assault Fire (A7.36) capability in/after 12/43; the A25.45 immunity to cowering never applies to Free French]. Free French OBA (including Accuracy and Draw Pile) is always treated as if British [EXC: DYO purchase; F.8D]. See also F.8A-.9 and the French section of Chapter H.

F.8A PRE-12/43 EQUIPMENT: For scenarios set prior to 12/43, Free French use (without Captured penalties) certain British [/British-color "(f)"; F.8C] SW, vehicles and Guns, and the rules covering them.

F.8B 12/43-5/45 EQUIPMENT: For scenarios set in/after 12/43, Free French use (without Captured penalties) British-color "(a)"/"(f)" SW (see F.8C and F.9), certain U.S. [/U.S.-color "(f)"; F.8C] vehicles and Guns, and the rules covering them [EXC: Free French Inherent crews are considered British when determining their morale as per D5.1].

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
thanks Ross, I do not have Chapter F here at the office.

Seems like the ASLK guys did it right, captured use for MTR and BAZ only (it would seem).

I take it they are not considered Elite unless by SSR?

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cap weapons penalty?

Ross,

Thanks, reading this it seems to me that they don't have captured weapons penalty, plus they use brit 8 morale for inherent afv crews vs 7 for us.

JR my man, think you wuz robbed there.

Paul

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
even more telling...

there's also this interesting tidbit from the tome:

F.9 U.S. -BUILT, BRITISH-COLOR SW: ...Captured penalties do not apply to the use of U.S.-color MG by British (A25.4) units, nor to U.S./British - (A25.4) use of British-color "(a)"-type SW [EXC: non-Free-French British treat all, while Free French treat no, type(s) of U.S. MTR/BAZ as Captured].
Were such non-desert specific Chapter F rules like these made available in FKAC when MMP reprinted the entire Commonwealth OOB? I already own WOA, so I had no need for FKAC.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"JR my man, think you wuz robbed there"

Ah... he won anyway:>)

Peace

Roger

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
oops...my oversight; I was looking only at my 1st edition eASLRB when I asked the question regarding non-desert specific Chap F rules in FKAC.

Actually, the 2nd edition ASLRB now includes some of those rules, but now more conveniently/logically placed with the Nationality Distinctions section of Chapter A.

For example:

25.35 U.S.-Built, British-Color SW: U.S. MMG, HMG, .50-cal HMG, M2 60mm mortars and BAZ 44 are provided in the British color in West of Alamein. They are identified by having "(a)" in their piece name, and are used by Free French as per 25.55. The BAZ 44(a) is also used to represent a BAZ 44 Scrounged (D10.5) from a U.S.-built vehicle/wreck [which includes one with "(a)" in its piece name] by Free French (only); other nationalities would Scrounge a U.S.-color BAZ 44. The appropriate MG(a) is also used to represent one Removed (D6.631) from a U.S.-built vehicle by a British (as defined in 25.4) unit. A MG Scrounged by any nationality from a U.S.-built or British-built vehicle/wreck takes counter form as a standard British LMG, with no Captured penalties when being used by a U.S. or British (25.4) unit. Captured penalties do not apply to the use of U.S.-color "(a)"-type SW [EXC: non-Free French British treat all, while Free French treat no, type(s) of U.S. MTR/BAZ as captured].
The earlier quoted Chapter F rules are now found in 25.53 Free French, 25.54 Pre-12/43 Equipment, and 25.55 12/43-5/45 Equipment in the 2nd edition of ASLRB.