Conspiracy

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Anybody saw this movie? Is it good? Is The Ultimate Irishmen Branagh's performance as great as always?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Anybody saw this movie? Is it good? Is The Ultimate Irishmen Branagh's performance as great as always?
I own it on DVD and have seen it several times. I showed it to my parents and significant other at the time at Christmas one year. They all enjoyed it as much as I did. It's chilling for its banality. Branagh is indeed good. Tucci is also. There is nothing over-the-top in it; it's basically what you expect - a business meeting. The dialogue is good, and the suspense builds. There are some good interactions and it isn't the kind of film you put on in "the background" while working on the computer, or anything. You need to pay attention to it because the performances are very subtle - which is the whole point of it. Otherwise, you would find it a colossal bore since it is - people talking about logistics for 90 minutes.

The story at the end, after the adjournment of the meeting, is exceptionally brilliant, I thought.

I'd be very interested to see your perceptions of this if you have a chance to see it.

A/CSM Bird

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Excellent. Chilling. Good performances all around. Branagh and Tucci are particularly good. Permanent selection on my PVR, recorded it in HD from HBO when we finally got HBO here in Canada. Highly recommended.