Console platform choices

If you could have only one new console, which would it be?

• Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A few big games do come out on the PC though Bootaaay simply because its microsoft :p

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jim said:
A few big games do come out on the PC though Bootaaay simply because its microsoft :p
Half Life is a good example, was a PC game now out on other platforms, and its a kick ass game

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PS3 for its free online service and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. :D Also for backwards compatability with my PS1/PS2 games (even if there are a few problems with that at the moment :(). Plus I could interact with a PS3 via my PSP which is a nice bonus (through the remote play feature :)).

chuloopa

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I made my bet on the Wii and i'm sticking with it.
I can't wait to get my hands on this little thing!

I won't be lookin gat getting a 360 until middle of next year and ps3 untill the end of next year, or the start of the year after. After my wii i'm getting a Black DS lite tho... lol

But yeh.. Wii for me... the concept of it is just so awesome with some amazing games coming out soon!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. As of this writing, the results of this poll almost mirror the respective market share each of these three companies holds.

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sony still holds 40%+ of the market share? I thought that dropped this year. I was thinking they would lose it and gain it back in the next 3 years or so.

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thats a big progress by microsoft, but isnt it due to the fact that they released so early?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This article is one year old, but at that time Sony held 70% of the console market in the US. Microsoft and Nintendo held 15% each.

Since that time Microsoft has made considerable progress, but I don't have exact figures.

Sony Might Lose 20% of the Gaming Console Market Share - Up or down with PlayStation3? - Softpedia
Your numbers are today pointless now Don, the Wii and DS from Nintendo are beating the snot out of the "other guys" as far as numbers sold go. The PS3 can only dream of moving this many units.

Should also mention, the top two all time best selling units are not from Sony or MS.

To answer the Poll I pick the Wii. Not so much that I want it (might have a use for my DS I guess), but so I can score points with my son hehe.