Congratulations to Le Franc Tireur

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My major complaint about FfS is that it takes around an hour to go through the scenario card and set dtuff up. Very time consuming. Another complaint about this product are that 90% of scenarios have 6 or more VC's to contend with. The scenarios are not bad, but boy are they complicated.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
That's what I'm starting to think. Maybe an inadvertant result of breaking the single rulebook into two?
maybe the designer will let us know, if not, safe enough to say it's grain. Good!

I like the separate rule books, but consolidation of the terrain charts into just one 'very complete' folded chart would've been a good idea and in-line with the usual methods for these modules.

Mentioning that there actually is grain looks to be necessary errata for both rule books. All we have to go on is the one terrain chart for this grain exception; this shouldn't be looked to supplant the rules, especially for another sub-module with its own set of rules/terrain cards that we had been relying on.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mentioning that there actually is grain looks to be necessary errata for both rule books.
Agreed. I had forgotten that there are terrain charts and went through the rulebook several times looking for any mention of Grain. The rules that I quoted above were quite specific and that's what led me to assume that there was no Grain.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Agreed. I had forgotten that there are terrain charts and went through the rulebook several times looking for any mention of Grain. The rules that I quoted above were quite specific and that's what led me to assume that there was no Grain.
Yeah but I sure don't want to nitpick this to death, because it's a helluva module! I love it. But now you mention it, I went through the same thing as you, pouring through the rules and the one set of charts about the grain. That's what prompted my post this morning, to get answers. Of course I didn't think to look at the OTHER module's terrain chart ?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Not being the designer or even a part of this effort, I can say...
Sometimes Grain is left In-Season to represent tall grassy areas.
I have done that several times in some of my designs.