Conflicting Q&A for -- Bog penalties for AFVs in Buildings and Woods?

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can anyone straighten this out for me? My question is essentially the one being asked in the Q&A's... The answers of which contradict the D2.11 RB text in a way I can't explain, but that's ok, its the way Q&A's seem to contradict each other that really has me wondering how to proceed.

D2.11 & D8.21

D2.11 says (in part) "Bog penalties for entry of difficult terrain are also applicable to VCA changes in that terrain if not also on a road...." D8.21 indicates that there is a +3 DRM for entry of woods at "half MP allotment", but +0 DRM for entry of woods for "ALL MP" (B13.41-.42). Which of these two possible "entry DRM" are applicable to the Bog DR when a vehicle changes VCA while in a woods hex (which is expending neither "half" nor "all" MP?

A. +0 DRM for changing VCA in woods or building or graveyard or rubble. The +3/+4 DRM are strictly upon entry. {2}
D2.11 & D8.2

D2.11 says "Bog penalties for entry of difficult terrain are also applicable to VCA changes in that terrain if not also on a road (see Terrain Chart)." while the bog chart in D8.2 says "Entry of Woods etc. at half MP allotment." applies a +3 penalty to the bog roll.

During the movement phase does a vehicle which changes VCA in woods pay the +3 DRM on the bog roll as if entering woods at half movement?

A. No (though it would pay +3 or +4 for a building).

If yes, would the vehicle have the option to spend ALL movement to perform the VCA change and avoid the +3 bog penalty?

A. NA.

If instead the VCA change was made as part of Prep Fire or Defensive Fire, would the +3 bog DRM still apply to the bog check?

A. Not in woods.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Did you look at the errata in ASL Journal 11 mentioned in the q&a rollup? What does it say?

JR

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did not. I don't have access to it.[EXC. Unaware of access]
There, fixed that for me.

This is what it says:

D2.11: replace the fourth sentence with “VCA changes (if not on a road) in difficult terrain (see Terrain Chart) require a Bog Check (D8.2).”

the sentence it replaces is: Bog penalties for entry of difficult terrain are also applicable to VCA changes in that terrain if not also on a road (see Terrain Chart).

This change seems to me removes "penalties for entry" -- so woods and building graveyard rubble all are 0 DRM bog checks for VCA changes.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There, fixed that for me.

This is what it says:

D2.11: replace the fourth sentence with “VCA changes (if not on a road) in difficult terrain (see Terrain Chart) require a Bog Check (D8.2).”

the sentence it replaces is: Bog penalties for entry of difficult terrain are also applicable to VCA changes in that terrain if not also on a road (see Terrain Chart).

This change seems to me removes "penalties for entry" -- so woods and building graveyard rubble all are 0 DRM bog checks for VCA changes.
I suspect the conflict in the q&a is that the one giving penalties for CA changes in buildings was earlier, and that the matter was reconsidered, the second q&a was issued and the erratum was formulated later. But I have not verified this by searching for the q&a.

JR