Confirming FFMO vs Riders - A4.6, D6.23, and D6.64

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Asking for help to confirm that riders are subject to FFMO, or not, as per A4.6.

Perry Sez, D6.64: 'Are Passengers/Riders "units"? A. Yes.'
A4.6, middle: "A further -1 First Fire DRM applies to units moving in the open (FFMO)..." (my italics)
D6.23: Riders do not "receive any CE benefit."

Example with questions: an enemy tank with Riders is moving along at full throttle through open ground, and a friendly squad fires its inherent FP at the enemy tank while the enemy tank is in the open-ground hex, with no hindrances, obstacles, etc. - it's a clean shot at the tank with its Riders, satisfying the FFMO portion of A4.6 as there are no protective TEM or LOS Hindrance features. Thus, are the enemy Riders subject to the -1 FFMO DRM? Or, could it be that the rules are to be interpreted that the Riders aren't moving - it's the tank that's "moving" and the Riders are motionless/stationary on the tank?

Thanks

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Riders aren't infantry. They are PRC. so no FFMO, per cited rule...however the rule shouldn't say units, imo, all references to units should say infantry units...

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Riders aren't infantry. They are PRC. so no FFMO, per cited rule...however the rule shouldn't say units, imo, all references to units should say infantry units...
Thanks Honosbinda,

I understand the intent of your answer. Yet, the beginning of A4.6 clearly states FFNAM applies to "Infantry" while, the middle of the same rule states that FFMO applies to "Units". Are you declaring the rule as written to be wrong? If so, then sounds like a submission to Perry is justified.

Cheers

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I've stated my opinion, do I need to state it again? Let me be clear, I think the rule as intended is only for infantry and is how everyone I know plays, except you it seems. I've never seen anyone else contest this.

This interpretation is supported in the glossary: FFMO (First Fire Movement in Open Ground; a -1 DRM vs moving Infantry in Open Ground, but it does not apply if it is combined with another effective protective TEM or LOS Hindrance): A4.6

I don't think any justification from anyone here is required to write Perry a Q/A, though, should you feel the need!

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
B1.3 The only TEM for Open Ground is the -1 FFMO DRM vs moving Infantry.