Concealment Question

ZaxTrax

Recruit
Reaction score
This is probably an easy one, but I can't seem to find a clear explanation in the rules:

If I have a concealed unit in an open ground hex (say he moved there while concealed and out of the LOS of any enemy units) and my opponent moves a unit into the LOS of my concealed unit on his turn, which of the following applies:

a) The unit loses concealment immediately.
b) The unit does not lose concealment until it tries to do something (like leave the hex).
c) The unit doesn't lose concealment and can still assault move/advance into concealment terrain without concealment loss.

Option A seems to make the most sense to me (since the unit is standing there in the open), but the rules I've read seem to imply option B.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Concealment loss

Well, actually, I believe it is C.

ASL doesn't care how you gain concealment (initial placement, 'free' placement at the end of CCPh or rolling for it, if not in concealment terrain).

Once you're concealed, the 'Concealment Loss/Gain Table' comes into play.

And there is no entry in the table to lose concealment for 'sitting quietly in open ground'. Nor is there an entry to lose concealment for 'leaving the hex'. If you're in open ground and can assault move to concealment terrain, or move to get out of LOS, or anything else that meets the conditions of the table, you're still concealed.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I opt also for c), but in the case of Infantry, but not if the concealed unit is a 5/8" counter (see A 12.2 specification).