Concealed stack relinquishing WA

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
submitted to MMP said:
An enemy stack moves next to a friendly concealed-but-real stack. The friendly stack has wall advantage, but the enemy stack claims WA as it enters (if necessary, momentarily revealing a real unit). Per B9.324 (J8 errata) the friendly side "must then momentarily reveal one non-dummy unit or forfeit WA."

In my example, can the friendly player decline to reveal a non-dummy unit from the friendly concealed-but-real stack, thus giving WA to the moving enemy stack?
Yes. B9.324:
"and the opposing side must then momentarily reveal one non-dummy unit or forfeit WA"

"reveal one non-dummy unit" or "forfeit WA" - i.e., a choice of what to do.

submitted to MMP said:
Even if WA is mandatory for the friendly stack?
Yes. Since B9.323 MANDATORY WA has an EXC for B9.324

submitted to MMP said:
Or is the friendly player obligated to reveal a non-dummy unit if it is possible?
No.

submitted to MMP said:
If the friendly player has the option to decline to reveal a unit in general, may he choose to not reveal a unit (and so forfeit WA to the enemy player) if the friendly concealed-but-real stack contains one or more pinned, TI, or Immobile units?
No, since per B9.322:
"A Pinned, TI, or Immobile unit cannot voluntarily claim or forfeit WA."

....Perry
MMP

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You know, in the future I should record the thread which caused me to send in for a q&a. This was sent Jan 15, 2019. If anyone has any idea which thread it might have risen from, let me know.

JR

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
You know, in the future I should record the thread which caused me to send in for a q&a. This was sent Jan 15, 2019. If anyone has any idea which thread it might have risen from, let me know.
I don't recall that there was a thread here on GS when this Q&A popped up on the grid.