Concealed Interdiction

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does a concealed unit lose it's concealment if it interdicts, or does the owner just have to show that a real unit is there (without losing concealment)?...

...I don't see Interdiction anywhere on the A12.121 table...

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ds said:
Does a concealed unit lose it's concealment if it interdicts, or does the owner just have to show that a real unit is there (without losing concealment)?...

...I don't see Interdiction anywhere on the A12.121 table...
If there is a good order unit in LOS, yes. It would be under "any other action". Basically, any action will cause loss of concealment unless the chart specifically says that it does not cause loss of concealment.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure interdiction is an "action." It is not something that the player can decide to do or not to do. If the conditions are right, it happens. If they are not, it does not happen.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
I am not sure interdiction is an "action." It is not something that the player can decide to do or not to do. If the conditions are right, it happens. If they are not, it does not happen.
Yes, but a unit has to perform the interdiction. Note that C3.33 says that use of ATT does not preclude interdiction; C6.5 treats interdiction as an attack causing loss of acquisition.

If that is not enough for you, please submit q&a to perry. I will bet you that interdiction is a concealment loss activity.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I believe A10.533 holds the key to the answer here. It says:
A concealed unit can possibly claim Interdiction or force a routing unit to alter its route by becoming Known (i.e., by forfeiting its concealment) during that RtPh while in the LOS of the routing unit.
So, if the unit that can interdict is concealed, the owner may choose between keeping concealment by not interdicting, or to remove concealment and interdict.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe said:
I believe A10.533 holds the key to the answer here.
And it is not listed in the index under interdiction. I remember the passage now, but forgot about it last night, nor could I find it in the index.