Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
are there directions somewhere on how to get the game to play
on XP? thanks......

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Posting in the main forum, and being a bit more specific as to the nature of your difficulties might elicit a more helpful reply... ;)

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
PCG99;

Your problem is almost certainly 'compatability settings'.......go to the taow folder and right-click on your oparts '.exe' (once for each version, eh?).

This should bring up a new window, on which you should find several 'tabs', one of which is 'compatability'..........click it!!!

Set compatability to 'Windows 2000', and life should be good.

If you still have problems, reload, and ensure your patched to the CORRECT VERSION for your particular toaw game.

Mods: sorry, eh? Just got here, did I miss the 'mechanics workshop' ? repost,plz.......

frpaws4

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Century of warfare works fine in Windows XP Pro, just need the 1.04 patch. I have windows XP Pro and it works fine.

Chuck W

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I stumbled in here looking for some fix to my problem.

I'm not running COW, but TAOW2 and with the Flashpoint: Kosovo add-on. The game ran fine on my old PC with Win98, but I upgraded to XP Pro here w/in the past year or so. The problem I am having is once I play a senario(and it plays fine), and I save it, I can't get it to reload.

I tried a couple different compatibilty settings that you guys mentioned to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. I really like playing this game, but if I can't play anything after I've saved it, it kind of ruins it.

Thanks

Morgoth Bauglir

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I once had a similar problem with TOAW II. Try loading the scenario you want to play in your editor and simply save it again (either under the same name or a different name, doesn't matter). Such re-saved scenarios did the trick on my system when I first changed to XP Pro.

Horseheads

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have TOAW v1, elite edition. I tried changing the compatability setting to win 2000, but when i click on the .exc icon, I get a message that states the program will not run under NT. Do you have any other ideas to get this to run under XP.