Comparison of Gamesquad Combat Mission Forum: Jan-Mar 2011 to Jan-Mar 2014

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Yeah.

Of course in BFC's words multiplayer per side is a feature not worth doing because nobody would buy it.
I've always thought that Realtime/Multi-Player would be the ticket that allowed Steve to buy the Soviet vehicles he craves. That is, multiple players each commanding a company or reinforced tank platoon, etc. mixing it up without waiting for turns. This could also simulate C&C. As an example, a Soviet player would have to command larger bulky units and have limited communication with his support units. The German players would all have 'radio communication' (talking) or texting and could gang up on the Soviet.

Steve really is like Bill Gates in that he didn't see beyond his initial success.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
**** you, Nutter.

If you can't stop the sniping you should finally be banned here.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
**** you, Nutter.

If you can't stop the sniping you should finally be banned here.
You can call it 'sniping', I call it firing back. And, considering the tone and attack that Dorosh made in this thread, it is very much on topic to review THAT thread.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fair enough but how about doing better just because you can?

It is getting really annoying, and Michael isn't even here.

And I don't think you can claim self defense or even equal trade when you go at Elvis.

The actual contents of your posts have improved so much, I don't think you need the extra spice anymore.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Fair enough but how about doing better just because you can?

It is getting really annoying, and Michael isn't even here.

And I don't think you can claim self defense or even equal trade when you go at Elvis.

The actual contents of your posts have improved so much, I don't think you need the extra spice anymore.
Ok, but I think Elvis sort of 'gets it'. But that's up to him to say.

In closing, I want to quote MD from that very famous thread where I got my sig line...

The objection was ridiculous either way given that this forum has averaged three active threads a day for the last few weeks, and I introduced exactly two (count 'em) new threads. If you examine pdqport's posting history - which I don't recommend, really, because that's something someone like Elvis would do (I mean, spend hours with spreadsheet at the ready, documenting every little thing everyone else says, in minute detail, in hopes of tripping someone up who dares speak off the cuff, to the point no one feels comfortable saying a damn thing for fear of being contradicted on points of irrelevant trivia) - or are familiar with other contretemps of his own making you'll know that he is one of those who likes to get mad for the sake of being mad.

Anyway, hadn't intended to discuss this that much. Thought it would simply be something off the wall that would float to the bottom of the page quickly. MD
I guess to point out the irony of that post, considering this thread, would be to insult everyone here.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
It's mainly a bunch of old guys playing a game designed by a bunch of old guys now.
In one case...you are right...

I don't know, I kind of like the flashing button. Most of the time I don't notice it at all and it helps me not to accidentally click on it when what I really want is the Menus button. I really wish the Go button could be placed in a far off corner all by itself to eliminate or reduce the chance of accidentally hitting it. Even better would be a suggestion that I think Womble made to have a pop up box asking if you really want to change phases.

Michael
Christ almighty. I hope he has dentures with GPS attachments...

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Another case...Sad, really...

Administrator

Funny thing... just last night I was testing out a scenario and a bunch of Panthers got holed by IS-2s. As I am playing RealTime, and am also distracted paying attention to what both sides are doing (Scenario Author Mode), I didn't know who nailed the Panthers. Since this has some bearing on changes I might make to the AI Scripts, I checked out the hit decals. While doing so I thought "damn, this is actually quite useful"

As someone else said, all new features have a novelty factor. If they are useful then people will take them for granted. From a gameplay standpoint, that's a good thing.

Steve
I am happy for Steve. he has found a "Good Thing". Unfortunately, I believe that I found a bad thing. That is, poor AP modeling.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
You mean considering your own post?
Well, maybe not everyone. The irony is that he precisely did what he claims that Elvis is supposedly doing. The irony is that he was also 'caught' using sock puppets, perhaps here AND at BF...AND YET HE ACCUSES OTHER PEOPLE OF DOING SO!!!! His crusades to get other's banned just exposes what a flimsy person he is. His attacks on moderators are another knee-jerk response to being in a social setting.

So, at the risk of insulting your powers of observation; that was the irony. Not sure what you think you are saying. But, thanks for playing.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The irony is that he was also 'caught' using sock puppets, ....
He still logs in using the sock puppets from time to time, but we ignore him. Why he does so I have no clue as he never posts anything from those accounts.

<shrug>

Last edited:

Fleischer

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Well, maybe not everyone. The irony is that he precisely did what he claims that Elvis is supposedly doing.
No, he didn't. In fact he did no such thing.

So, at the risk of insulting your powers of observation; that was the irony. Not sure what you think you are saying. But, thanks for playing.
I would think it is obvious what I am saying, since you did exactly what was stated in the post you were quoting: "spend hours with spreadsheet at the ready, documenting every little thing everyone else says, in minute detail, in hopes of tripping someone up who dares speak off the cuff, to the point no one feels comfortable saying a damn thing for fear of being contradicted on points of irrelevant trivia".

In fact a lot of your posts here seem to be all about scanning old threads and then make snipes at someone for trivial details that were written years ago. I guess the double irony is that you manage to get yourself owned by a post from 2011.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
No, he didn't. In fact he did no such thing.

I would think it is obvious what I am saying, since you did exactly what was stated in the post you were quoting: "spend hours with spreadsheet at the ready, documenting every little thing everyone else says, in minute detail, in hopes of tripping someone up who dares speak off the cuff, to the point no one feels comfortable saying a damn thing for fear of being contradicted on points of irrelevant trivia".

In fact a lot of your posts here seem to be all about scanning old threads and then make snipes at someone for trivial details that were written years ago. I guess the double irony is that you manage to get yourself owned by a post from 2011.
Yes he did. And he has also started another thread doing it again.

He clearly has put in a supreme effort all the while the game has been released, he has done posting everywhere, and probably also released a review. His actions speak for themselves.

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
He still logs in using the sock puppets from time to time, but we ignore him. Why he does so I have no clue as he never posts anything from those accounts.

<shrug>
Well, all in all, that would be a good thing. That is, not posting anything (Stalking Points).

Or maybe he just wants to sneak around and tag threads, give low ratings or read people's profiles? Has he invented a new stalking method???

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Or maybe he just wants to sneak around and tag threads, give low ratings or read people's profiles? Has he invented a new stalking method???
<shrug>

Are those things of consequence?

Forgive me. I'm from the provinces and here in the Empty Quarter we don't keep up with the trends closer to the center of the gaming world?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
<shrug>

Are those things of consequence?
To his sock-puppets, hopefully not. They are near and dear to his well being. Let's just keep the mannequin out of this OK?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To his sock-puppets, hopefully not. They are near and dear to his well being. Let's just keep the mannequin out of this OK?
The only reason to have a sock puppet that doesn't post if to engage in other hijinks. You can read forums posts without being seen by just not logging in.But you need to be logged in to give good and bad ratings to threads (multiple times) and tag threads. Harmless enough I suppose. ...just odd.

sfhand

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry... can't help myself... I stopped by to see how CMRT was being received on this board and instead saw this thread. I am going to comment and then disappear into the internet again. I tried participating here a few years ago in what I thought was an even handed way (my best attempt anyway). What I encountered was mainly an "old guard" who seemingly strove to maintain a narrative about how bad BF, Steve, and CMx2 were/are (and I mean across the board bad). I didn't stick around long because that type of negative agenda is not attractive to me and I am assuming that many others who have stopped in to read and maybe participate were put off the way I was. It is wildly amusing to me (because I love me some irony), to see any "old guard" here attempting to blame someone else for the state of this community. Thanks for the unintended humor; don't ever change! :)

Fleischer

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Sorry... can't help myself... I stopped by to see how CMRT was being received on this board and instead saw this thread. I am going to comment and then disappear into the internet again. I tried participating here a few years ago in what I thought was an even handed way (my best attempt anyway). What I encountered was mainly an "old guard" who seemingly strove to maintain a narrative about how bad BF, Steve, and CMx2 were/are (and I mean across the board bad). I didn't stick around long because that type of negative agenda is not attractive to me and I am assuming that many others who have stopped in to read and maybe participate were put off the way I was. It is wildly amusing to me (because I love me some irony), to see any "old guard" here attempting to blame someone else for the state of this community. Thanks for the unintended humor; don't ever change! :)
Who's sock puppet is this?

Fleischer

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Speaking of sock puppets; I've always thought this NUTTER/Lewis guy was Steve's elaborate false-flag operation to bring the forum to ruin and to paint it as a place where mentally ill and obsessed posters hang out (which is what it is in his mind).

Seems like Steve has succeeded. Well done, Steve!

/Conspiracy mode OFF