Company Scale - TOAW3 Test Scenario

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Gentlemen - in the chat we had a short discussion about the company scale. As i am working on a scenario at that scale i decided to do a test scenario about the playability of this scale (in WWII scens).

Now TOAW3 gives the designers the MRPB feature and has an enhanced anti armour formula. Especially with the MRPB tool the company scale should become more playable in regard to round burning which has been a main issue in earlier versions with the company scale.

For the scenario:
MRPB is set to 4 and attrition divider is set to 8. It uses Panzer War's WWII database, so it might also be a test scenario for that database (thanks for the efforts and work on this one, PanzerWar!). Map scale is at 2.5 km/hex with half day turns. You can also play against the PO.
Elements of 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division are facing 24th Guards Brigade, supported by a Field Artillery Regiment and a US Tank battalion.

Any suggestions, critics, remarks and opinions are welcome, also about the TOEs used as they are part of a scenario in planning.

An eqp file is within the folder 'Company Scale Test', please put it into your graphics or alt graphics folder.

Last edited:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If I can help out somehow let me know.
Thank you. I already modified two pieces of equipment, replaced the light scout car with a VW Kübelwagen (just for chrome, AP/AT 0, no recon, passive defender, maybe i will later add a version for recon units) and modified the tracked tractor. I will probably expand the database for my purposes by some german equipment, we will see. It looks like the german infantry guns (at Bn and Regt level) are not incooperated.

In a TOE for british field artillery regiments i have seen there were Vickers LMGs attached to it, presumably for self defence. Now, the vickers 303 water-cooled MG you have in your database seems a bit too heavy for a LMG version - any thoughts or ideas about that (i think i will tame it down a bit)? Does this vickers MG in your database represent the WWI version which was operated by four men (DF value 4) or is it a "general" version also suitable for WWII?

Thanks in advance.

Played the test scenario? Seems to work ok for me, except that pure armour battles still burn round after round.

Panzer-War

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like the german infantry guns (at Bn and Regt level) are not incooperated.

In a TOE for british field artillery regiments i have seen there were Vickers LMGs attached to it, presumably for self defence. Now, the vickers 303 water-cooled MG you have in your database seems a bit too heavy for a LMG version - any thoughts or ideas about that (i think i will tame it down a bit)? Does this vickers MG in your database represent the WWI version which was operated by four men (DF value 4) or is it a "general" version also suitable for WWII?
Left the infantry guns alone figured what was already there was satisfactory; I suppose I could do with the infantry guns what I did for the chrometillery. I would just substitute the bren gun team for the Vickers LMG as the Vickers in the database is meant to represent the heavy version that was water cooled.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Left the infantry guns alone figured what was already there was satisfactory; I suppose I could do with the infantry guns what I did for the chrometillery. I would just substitute the bren gun team for the Vickers LMG as the Vickers in the database is meant to represent the heavy version that was water cooled.
Yup, thanks. Chrometillery - like that one. I will add infantry guns for my purpose, but i think i will only rename the existing ones. It's mainly for chrome purposes.